• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1997 T100 Firewall worn out from clutch action

rojohnson

Has anyone seen a solution to this issue, the firewall flexs when the clutch is actioned? Buddy of mine has been fighting with this problem for 3-4 years now and I would like to find a solution for him.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've seen guys weld bracing in place to strengthen the firewall but you have to be careful because the sheetmetal on that firewall is very thin.
A friend of mine that uses a T-100 cab as a Truggy welded braces in and they later failed too, then he built a famework off of the frame but that was showing signs of failure when we were removing the trans to put in an automatic.
So I dont think I could say I've seen a successful solution other than switching to an A340 trans.

alanmycle

Decorative Stone is a fast and easy way to add visual impact to your garden landscape through the use of color and contrast.

rojohnson

Alanmycle,
what does this have to do with a Toyota T-100 firewall????????????

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help. He has been considering this as an option. We have been told there is an after market kit for this but I haven't seen anything.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've never heard of an aftermarket kit for the firewall, I'll have to do some searching and find out about it.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Decorative Stone is a fast and easy way to add visual impact to your garden landscape through the use of color and contrast.
Glad to see that the anti-spam system is working well. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help. He has been considering this as an option. We have been told there is an after market kit for this but I haven't seen anything.
Have you found anything out about the aftermarket kit? Just curious.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
[/QUOTE] Have you found anything out about the aftermarket kit? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if you found out anything too about the aftermarket kit too. Please let us know, if you look into it. Hope you find something.

Related Content You Might Like: