• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1994 Toyota Pick 22RE Automatic

jamiep

Hello all,

I have a single cab 1994 Toyota Pick 22re Automatic truck with 200,000+ miles on her. Motor is strong as ever, have been putting money into it and started to drive it more. All new breaks, front end various parts on motor just to freshen everything up. I was on the way home when things started to go wrong. It would hunt for gears, find one, even if it was wrong and I could tell the transmission was having problems. Then, it would not pull in reverse unless the motor was really warm. I parked it for about a month then drove it about 10 miles to the store. On the way home it felt let it fell out of gear and would never go back and grab. Motor would rev, but not go forward. Shifter goes smoothly from all the gears, but motor will never sound like it drops rpms as if it is actually in gear. Appropriate levels of trans fluid. Everything "looks" normal.

I have it in my backyard now. Have drained the transmission fluid and kept it in a sealed jug. No metal flakes, it is dark but I have seen worse.

I am thinking shift solenoids? Read on other forums could possibly be the TPS (mine has the problem where motor will rev up and down a good bit in park)

I am having a very hard time finding a used transmission in a local junk yard (Auburn, AL) and would like to get her back on the road for as cheap as possible.

Thank You,

Jamie

jamiep

okay guys, I got around to jacking the back end up and put it in drive. The back tires will barley move if I floor the accelerator.

Related Content You Might Like: