• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4

kodathegreywolf

I have just bought a 1991 Toyota pickup with a 22re and a 5 speed manual tranny. I am making this a project and will probably be here often. I admittingly don't know alot about Toyotas so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Alex

Attachments

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
Welcome from Va! Glad to have you here, ask all the questions you want, how many miles are on it? You may want to change the timing chain if it hasn't been done!

kodathegreywolf

Well, right now I work @ O'reilly Auto Parts in Raleigh, NC so I have alot of parts waiting to go on it. The truck has 180,000 hard miles on it but service and prev. maint were always done. Right now I have a new timing kit, water pump, alternator, all the hoses, NGK plugs and wires, an MSD coil, a Hayden electric fan w/ thermostat and all the gasket sets required for the job waiting to go on it. Just need the time to do it. I do want to put a Warn Rockcrawler bumper with winch on the front and some bigger tires (maybe 33x12.50x15 BFG KM2's) and possibly a 4" lift. All that will take me a while but I have committed to make this a do it right the first time long term project. My only real question is do I need to re-gear the axles if I have 4.10's. I'm not sure, and I have never re-geared a truck before. Well, I hope to hear from y'all later, thanks! -Alex

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I wouldn't think you need to regear for 33's, I wouldn't, if it ever starts to give you problems you could always change them then but I think you'll be okay.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
with 33's no i wouldnt unless you are going to do some wheeling in it like rock crawling thing in that nature you might want a different gear but you should be fine. now you might be able to get a bigger tire with a 4 inch lift are you looking to change rims if so make sure you get the right back spacing to acomudate the bigger tires and another thing if you going bigger tires its going to kill the hp some maybe you should be think of some small ower adders check out www.lcengineering.com they make all kinds of things for toyotas

Related Content You Might Like: