• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1989 4runner

Musher_Vic

I have an opportunity to buy a 1989 4runner. I really don't need another truck but I think it would be fun to take the top off and cruise in it.

Anybody know much about these critters?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I had a friend with one about 10 years ago, they're good all around camping and offroad vehicles. Fun little suvs.

Musher_Vic

The removable top really appeals to me. I agree - it would be a fun suv. Stilll do not what I am going to do. The owner is in no hurry to part with it -- I think his wife wants him to sell it as it is the third vehicle in their family.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, we used to go camping with it and it was a pretty good 4x4 and with the top off it was great either in the mountains or in the sand dunes, whatever.

The difference between the 4 and the 6 is noticable however, the 4 is good for city and light offroad, but the 6 is nice if you're planning to do some more serious offroad stuff.

Musher_Vic

The one I was thinking of is a 4 cyl with a 5 speed. It is grey with a black top, which I think is a cool combo. He only wants 1350 for it and it is not a rust bucket. I think I have to pass for the time being because a few things have come up. There is also a 89 4runner with a 6 and an automatic for sale locally but it needs major engine work. I prefer the 6 with a 5 speed. That is what I have in my 89 Toyota pickup. My brother had an 89 Toyota pickup with the 4 cyl. and I felt mine had much more power. Still strong at 169,000 miles. Perhaps one day I'll get a first generation 4runner. (Gotta pay off the 04 Xterra first.)

Related Content You Might Like: