• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1983 Mojave 1 of 3500 produced FOR SALE

Mojave Seller

Hello I have been a car guy for 25 years. Be it not a Toyota enthusiast but have been around the block. This started as a favor for a wife's friend. (True Story) Wife's friend husband passed away 5 years ago and there is a "piece of sh*t" truck in their garage and she has no where to park. She asked everyone in the family and no one wants it. She cant stand the truck because her husband had spent "10,000 dollars and its in pieces." She just wants it gone.I think she doesn't know what shes talking about and blow off her opinion. SO being a car guy and a flipper, I agree to help her by removing it.

I arrive to find a mid 80's Toyota truck in pieces. After looking at it closer I see that the rolling chassis is assembled with all new parts. When I say new I mean every nut and bolt is new and the frame is powder coated along with every suspension piece. The engine is new reman. The carb is new. Trans is either new or rebuilt. Gas tank new. Exhaust new. The list goes on and on. I quickly realize that he indeed spent a large sum of money on the build of this truck. But I'm confused because in my mind its just a little Toyota truck.

I start loading up parts and find a new dash in Toyota box and around new pieces. and there are bucket seats in the bed, which I assumed where out of something else. Then as I'm working she starts bringing the papers and such from in the house. Cd's of pics when he tore the truck down and the original owners manual with his name in it when he bought the truck new in 1983. The clock shows 272,000 mile. In the manual is where I found the "clue". Above the description is written, Mojave which I found odd and then googled it. You can only imagine my surprise because by this time the truck is loaded and back at my house.

Now I'm not trying to sell memories, I'm selling a rare truck in the middle of an impressive restoration to someone who appreciates the truck and work for what it is.

Thanks for your time and let me know if you have any questions.

This is my first time on a forum so if there is something no right please let me know.

Attachments

Related Content You Might Like: