• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

06 double cab fender flares

waiside21

ive been looking for aftermarket fender flares for my 06 double cab tundra. but i cant seem to find any except for regular and access cab. can anyone help me out? all help is much appreciated...thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site. You're looking for aftermarket fender flares? Have you tried EGRUSA? They are a sponsor of this site.

Now, let's see some pics of your truck up here!

waiside21

yea i just checked out the site...unfortunately the flare fit only access and single cab trucks cause the DC has different body specs then the others...i appreciate the help...just made some make shift flares and mud flaps to pass recon...and ill post pics as soon as i finish tryna clean it up lol

waiside21

here in hawaii if you do any modifications to your vehicle you need to pass a reconstruction inspection...my truck has a small lift with larger than stock rims and tires, tint, and CAI...so by hawaii law im required to get a RECON(reconstruction) sticker saying i passed what ever regulations there are...so i had to fab some make shift flares that extend to cover the tread of my 305/70r16 Baja MTZ tires and mud flaps the cover the width of the tire and extends down to minimum half the rim...also had to peel of my driver and passenger front tints because it was 25% and hawaii law states nothing darker then 35%...so i cant get a safety check or registration until i get the Recon sticker...and my safety and registration expired last year while i was deployed...

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
here in hawaii if you do any modifications to your vehicle you need to pass a reconstruction inspection...my truck has a small lift with larger than stock rims and tires, tint, and CAI...so by hawaii law im required to get a RECON(reconstruction) sticker saying i passed what ever regulations there are...so i had to fab some make shift flares that extend to cover the tread of my 305/70r16 Baja MTZ tires and mud flaps the cover the width of the tire and extends down to minimum half the rim...also had to peel of my driver and passenger front tints because it was 25% and hawaii law states nothing darker then 35%...so i cant get a safety check or registration until i get the Recon sticker...and my safety and registration expired last year while i was deployed...
Really, that's interesting. What are the limits to changes that you can do, like if you go up one size on your tires I assume that would be ok (225 to 235 type of thing), but if you put on a small lift kit then you have to get inspected ... interesting.

waiside21

pretty much anything to do with suspension...but when you go in for the inspection all modifications will be noted as it is written down on your permit so if you get pulled over by cops and there are mods not listed on your permit the will take it away and fine you per unlisted mod...and you will have to go through the process again...im not sure for lowered vehicles but for lifts bumber height measured from the ground to bottom of bumper

vehicle gvwr
under 4,500lbs - 29 inches front and rear
4,501-7,500lbs - 33 inches front and rear
7,501-10,000lbs - 35 inches front and rear
10,001+lbs - exempt
and nothing bigger than a 3 inch body lift

Darrin

That is interesting. First time I've encountered such law so far. I do not make too much modifications on my vehicles so I guess that's why I've never been that conscious about such regulations. And if I may ask, does cops around there really check for the mods of the cars they see or inspect? That's a lot of hassle.

waiside21

if cops wanna be a**holes they do...and they can take away your permit...but its more so safety inspection places that check...if theres a mod and you dont have a recon they wont pass your safety til you get one...BIG HASSLE

waiside21

nah...hawaii just finding ways to tax people...cause oahu is the only island that has a reconstruction law...im originally from maui...we have guys with toyotas with 44 inch super swampers, 9+ inch lifts, IFS to straight front conversions all with no need to get a reconstruction permit

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
nah...hawaii just finding ways to tax people...cause oahu is the only island that has a reconstruction law...im originally from maui...we have guys with toyotas with 44 inch super swampers, 9+ inch lifts, IFS to straight front conversions all with no need to get a reconstruction permit

this is rude ones, I am grateful im not leaving from Hawaii, Anyways thanks for the info

Related Content You Might Like: