• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

01 tacoma cruise control

01taco

lite comes on,but will not set. friend gave me a switch to try. how do i remove & replace. also friend said could be actuator? any suggestions?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
This could be a couple things. The vehicle speed sensor, your brake light switch or the ECM.

Start by looking for a loose connector on the front of the cruise control actuator. Try to unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes it works??? If it does let us know. :)

or

Is it still under warranty? If it is, try to go to authorized service center near you for diagnoses and repair, these could be replace without any cost on part and labor if is still under warranty period. Cruise control is an electronic device and can be only diagnose by a scanner. I have research this http://bit.ly/14Ms2U2 for you but it is very technical thought if you understand.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The title of the OP says it's a 2001 Tacoma, so it's out of warranty for sure.

Are you getting any codes at all? I agree, you can usually take it to one of the chain auto-repair stores and they can hook up to your OBDII plugin and download any codes in the computer and give you a readout if you want to fix it yourself.

Related Content You Might Like: