• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Would the Hilux pickup be a appropriate for everyday drive?

Chase

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of selling my current car and save up for a Hilux single cab pickup. I do a lot of motorcrossing and welding so a single cab pickup is ideal for me. I'm just wondering if I can afford to have a pickup as my everyday drive? I'll have around £3500 to start with, is there some sort of chip or something you can buy for increased economy that anyone knows of? Any advice is appreciated.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Depends on what you find for the money. I was raised on the principle that if you build an off-roader, you'd better not make it your daily driver. That being said, I've got a lot of trucks that were in fact my daily driver, in fact for many years I did that before I had kids and needed to start looking at SUVs and crossovers.

I'll have to do a quick conversion, and I'm not sure what the used truck market is like where you're at, but as of TODAY, £3500 is worth about $5900 USD.

For $6k, i'm not sure that I would be able to find something that I would be comfortable with being a daily driver to haul kids around, or if I needed to be on-time to a job (like I was opening) and if not then there would be heck to pay. Around me, for $6k USD you're going to be looking for a truck that's got over 100k at the minimum and for a Toyota you're going to be lucky to find one with that few miles for a lot more than $6k.

Now, if you're not having to carry kids, you can risk maybe being stuck/stranded every once in a while, then I think that you could find a good basic Hilux to get you started on your way.

Anyone agree/disagree with me on this?

I agree with the Fan....I always believed you get what you pay for...and $6000. (3500.)(don't know how to make that symbol) Is not a lot for a trustworthy "dail;y" vehicle...that being said if your not mechanically inclind..find someone who is and be sure they go along to look it over, BEFORE you drop your bundle of cash on it.

dervdave

If your in the UK, yeah £3.5k should get you reasonable mk3 or early mk4 Hilux 2.4d, no chips for these babys though, you`ll need a mk5 d4d 2.5 for that.

Related Content You Might Like: