• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Which wheel studs for a 92 truck

dfindlay

I've broken a rear wheel stud on each side and have decided to just go ahead and replace them all.

Having trouble finding ones that fit though. I got a Dorman 610-266 but the knurling seemed to be to coarse. I took an old one to Autozone and they let me go through their boxes. I found a Dorman 610-244.1 that looked pretty close but It won't pull in either.

I've used an impact wrench and a regular cross-type lug wrench and cranked on it good (with an old lug nut). The knurling only pulls about half-way in. I'm afraid I'm going to break the bolt if I keep twisting it.

Most of the online parts stores say the 610-266 is the one but I don't think so.

It's a 1992 Pickup. 2wd. Standard bed. 5 lugs. Rear.

Anybody have any ideas?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've broken a rear wheel stud on each side and have decided to just go ahead and replace them all.

Having trouble finding ones that fit though. I got a Dorman 610-266 but the knurling seemed to be to coarse. I took an old one to Autozone and they let me go through their boxes. I found a Dorman 610-244.1 that looked pretty close but It won't pull in either.

I've used an impact wrench and a regular cross-type lug wrench and cranked on it good (with an old lug nut). The knurling only pulls about half-way in. I'm afraid I'm going to break the bolt if I keep twisting it.

Most of the online parts stores say the 610-266 is the one but I don't think so.

It's a 1992 Pickup. 2wd. Standard bed. 5 lugs. Rear.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi! any updates, How did you get this figured out?

dfindlay

Yes. I figured out that Dorman stuff sucks. Went to the dealer and got a box of Toyota studs. Fit perfectly. About 2 bucks each.

Related Content You Might Like: