• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What are they really worth? I don't believe Edmund's, NADA, or Cars.com

BuffaloBill

I looked up the value of my dad's beautiful truck only to find out according to these websites it's only worth between $3,100 and $5,600 depending who you may believe. Not a chance. I don't want to sell it but if you had a rust-free undamaged 1995 Toyota Pickup 4 cyl 4x4 5-speed standard cab with 28,000 miles how much would it take for you to sell it? I haven't had the chance to post a photo yet but it's in such good shape it's really not necessary.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Depending on what part of the country the price varies, sometimes a lot.
In Northern Texas I could get $5500 to $6000, around Michigan or Wisconsin $6400 to $7000, Arizona it would go for $5000 to $5600.
I buy and sell quite a few vehicles, many times the same vehicle in a different location can be a winfall or a looser, if you can get decent shipping rates it might be worthwhile to advertise out of state.

BuffaloBill

Depending on what part of the country the price varies, sometimes a lot.
In Northern Texas I could get $5500 to $6000, around Michigan or Wisconsin $6400 to $7000, Arizona it would go for $5000 to $5600.
I buy and sell quite a few vehicles, many times the same vehicle in a different location can be a winfall or a looser, if you can get decent shipping rates it might be worthwhile to advertise out of state.
Thanks for the useful info. To me this is too good a 4WD to sell so cheap. It would take five figures for me to even think about it. I had it inspected last week and learned the brakes are original and aren't half worn yet, but there is one thing. The interior is as plain as the exterior is sweet.

Apparently it hadn't occurred to the Japanese that the owner would see the inside as well as the outside. I must have something done about all that gray vinyl that is reminiscent of a government fleet vehicle from 1980. The door handles are hard gray plastic. They make me laugh. I also must put a decent stereo in it. It's carpeted which is a waste. Rubber is better. Toyota could have used the money saved on carpet to upgrade the rest, but that's hindsight.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Your interior was Toyota mindset in the mid 90's, heck even earlier, you had to go with SR5 or specially option a vehicle to get cloth.
Evidently it wasnt a real problem with consumers since Toyota trucks at that time were outselling the competition.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I paid $3500 for mine from a dealer in Iowa who had the truck advertised on ebay. It was in very good condition, only needed minor mechanical maintenance .I had contacted him and made a cash offer as it was obvious the bidders in my opinion were likely to bail...all bidders had 0 purchase history which usually identifies the dreamers. 175K miles on it so yours may be worth a few bucks more being a low mileage truck...I saw a low mileage (it was under 20K) go for $11K 2 years ago so depends all on who is in the market....

Attachments

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Vehicles are not commodities with fixed prices. Took me a long time to understand the supply and demand nature of the used car/truck market.

Xmsteel

Thanks for the useful info. To me this is too good a 4WD to sell so cheap. It would take five figures for me to even think about it. I had it inspected last week and learned the brakes are original and aren't half worn yet, but there is one thing. The interior is as plain as the exterior is sweet.

Apparently it hadn't occurred to the Japanese that the owner would see the inside as well as the outside. I must have something done about all that gray vinyl that is reminiscent of a government fleet vehicle from 1980. The door handles are hard gray plastic. They make me laugh. I also must put a decent stereo in it. It's carpeted which is a waste. Rubber is better. Toyota could have used the money saved on carpet to upgrade the rest, but that's hindsight.
I find KBB to be most accurate and best to base your price on. Edmunds is a complete utter waste of time and they insult your intelligence with their horrible "estimated value". KBB states the truck is about $4300 assuming it was in perfect condition (2% of cars fall into that category).

Sorry but if you think a vehicle from 1995 is worth anywhere near 5 figures then you are delusional. If you've checked every book on the internet and they are all similar in price, its not them that have the issue, its you thinking its worth more than in reality it is. A mint condition 95 4x4 V6 toyota is on ebay (where everything is overpriced) and is $6500.

Sentimental value is unfortunately always a lot higher than realistic value. I had a 1989 Mercedes that realistically, if in great shape, is worth about $3500 high retail. To me, that car was worth $6500-$8000 all day. I ended up getting $1300 out of it because of electrical issues and the fact that no one wants a mercedes station wagon.

Related Content You Might Like: