• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

URGENT/ Need key programming instructions 2006 Highlander

scandisk

Any & all help really appreciated- I have a transponder key blank and need to know the procedure to program. Thanks in advance-

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Do you have the original master key still? Check your manual for the exact instructions but you insert the original master key (driver's side door closed) into the ignition five times. Then open and close the driver's side six times. Then remove the original key and insert the blank key you want programed. Leave it in for about a minute and it should be programmed.

scandisk

Wow! Thanks again for your response! I bought the key for friends in Alaska (I'm in Washington state) & figured there's a procedure to follow. I'm sure they have the master still- it's the only key they have, hence the urgency- they've locked themselves out of the running car accidentally twice now (this time the culprit was their puppy, and it was -25F outside) & have had no luck despite two attempts to make a duplicate.

The Toyota dealer I phoned today insisted both the car, master key, and new blank have to come to the dealer (in their case it's about 200 miles) For my own 93 Toyota truck I went to a locksmith who's been in business 30+ years with a blank I bought from a Toyota dealer. He looked it up in his reference book, got a numerical code, and cut it on the spot. Not only did it work like new- but it fixed the locking gas flap I thought was broken. As it turns out, when you make a copy of a copy etc, they just don't work as well as the original. Your instructions make more sense- will the uncut key blank fit in the ignition, or must it be cut first?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Wow! Thanks again for your response! I bought the key for friends in Alaska (I'm in Washington state) & figured there's a procedure to follow. I'm sure they have the master still- it's the only key they have, hence the urgency- they've locked themselves out of the running car accidentally twice now (this time the culprit was their puppy, and it was -25F outside) & have had no luck despite two attempts to make a duplicate.

The Toyota dealer I phoned today insisted both the car, master key, and new blank have to come to the dealer (in their case it's about 200 miles) For my own 93 Toyota truck I went to a locksmith who's been in business 30+ years with a blank I bought from a Toyota dealer. He looked it up in his reference book, got a numerical code, and cut it on the spot. Not only did it work like new- but it fixed the locking gas flap I thought was broken. As it turns out, when you make a copy of a copy etc, they just don't work as well as the original. Your instructions make more sense- will the uncut key blank fit in the ignition, or must it be cut first?
No problem. Were they able to program the key successfully themselves?

scandisk

Apparently they've given up on the idea of side-stepping the dealer, having tried & failed with other blanks a few times. My buddy figures the only key they have is a copy to begin with, and that's part of the problem. Will advise final results asap- thanks again!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Do you have the original master key still? Check your manual for the exact instructions but you insert the original master key (driver's side door closed) into the ignition five times. Then open and close the driver's side six times. Then remove the original key and insert the blank key you want programed. Leave it in for about a minute and it should be programmed.

the is awesome, I got a very nice idea here on how to reprogram a key..

Related Content You Might Like: