• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Truck Saved Your Life?

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
While it was not a Toyota Truck that saved my family's life, I can say that there truly was a vehicle that saved my family. An SUV hit my mother's mini van with everyone in it. The SUV went over the bumper and was stopped by the way back seat, which luckily no one was in. His wheels were still spinning when we hit the vehicle in front of us. Because of the extra seat and the size of the van, not to mention the seat belts, we all walked away. That was 3 children and a mom who stepped out of the van due to a well constructed vehicle.

The insurance company opted to consider the van totalled, but we hung onto it for a little while longer. It is hard to give up a vehicle that took you across country 6 times and then, after 200,000 miles (yes, that was a well ridden van) saved your life. I was 19 when the accident occurred, and even now, 9 years later, I look back on that van and think of it fondly.

Do you have a vehicle that saved your life or the life of someone you love? If so, let me know. Tell me your inspiring story of a vehicle that made a very big difference in your life. :rolleyes:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Accidents stink, glad that everyone was ok in that wreck. What I find amazing is how much better vehicles are than they used to be. Any Toyota for 2011 is much better than it was in 2006, just five years ago. Those built in 2005 are light-years ahead of those built in 1995. 1995 models can't even be compared with those made in 1975 either.

That's one of the reason for their cost these days, they are built better, they last longer too.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
While it was not a Toyota Truck that saved my family's life, I can say that there truly was a vehicle that saved my family. An SUV hit my mother's mini van with everyone in it. The SUV went over the bumper and was stopped by the way back seat, which luckily no one was in. His wheels were still spinning when we hit the vehicle in front of us. Because of the extra seat and the size of the van, not to mention the seat belts, we all walked away. That was 3 children and a mom who stepped out of the van due to a well constructed vehicle.

The insurance company opted to consider the van totalled, but we hung onto it for a little while longer. It is hard to give up a vehicle that took you across country 6 times and then, after 200,000 miles (yes, that was a well ridden van) saved your life. I was 19 when the accident occurred, and even now, 9 years later, I look back on that van and think of it fondly.

Do you have a vehicle that saved your life or the life of someone you love? If so, let me know. Tell me your inspiring story of a vehicle that made a very big difference in your life. :rolleyes:

Wow, that sounds like a bad wreck, when was that?

victor12

Former Member
The Advantages of Discount Golf Shoes

Did you realize that buying cheap golf shoes can actually help enhance your game with your golf clubs for sale? It may not always be apparent just how this kind of works, yet when you think about it, it makes ideal impression. ishiner

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
The accident happened in 2001. What was amazing about the accident was that they were originally going to take the smaller vehicle, a Geo, but it would not start. That was the only reason that they took the van, and the only way they survived.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yikes! I wouldn't want to be in a Geo in a major wreck, that's for sure. Give me something substatial that's been built to take an impact.

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Yeah, that Geo would not have held up at all. The van did a pretty good job of holding up, it even drove away from the accident. They got another van with the money they received from the insurance company. They will always drive vans, I swear. :)

WorkingTruck

Wow, I'm glad everyone is okay, ToyotaPitty. I had a truck that saved me once. I was driving and a deer jumped out in front of me. I hit it doing 65 miles an hour. The deer ended up coming up and almost over the hood. If I had been in a smaller vehicle, the deer would have gone all the way over the top of the hood.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
Ok, so the truck that saved my dad wasn't a Toyota, but that old Ford Ranger he made into a convertible. Once, he and his best friend were out caving in Missouri and they parked on part of a hill that they had just climbed to get to the cave. My dad is a very overly safety minded person, and would always hook the winch on the front of his truck to a tree if they were on a steep hill, just in case, so it would be safe while they were in the cave. This turned out to be a very very good thing because they didn't realize that they were on some land that was over the cave. For some reason, the truck was fine until they got out of the cave and out. Then, when they were loading their gear up, they noticed that the truck was basically sinking. Without the winch being attached already, it could have gotten in there so far that there was no way to get it out. They were able to pull it out a few feet so they could drive it out of there quickly. They were so far up in the hills that no one knew where they were, if something had happened, there would have been no way we'd known where to go.

A couple of years after that, my dad and sister got sandwiched in that truck after a drunk driver hit them from behind. They were at a stop light behind a larger truck and some dude hit them going about 70 in his truck. The little Ranger that could folded everywhere but the cab. My sis got a knot on her head and some scratches, dad got some stitches from his knee slamming into the dash. The truck was totalled, we still miss it.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Accidents. Freakin accidents. I met an accident a couple of years ago. I was in a motorcycle, it's raining and the highway's wet. I can really the urge to full the throttle, since I almost own the highway. I can't see any other vehicle. And I slipped! Man, can't walk for almost a month.

Related Content You Might Like: