• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Truck Alarm

jruth

I just bought a great 2006 Dbl Cab Tundra and it came with a "Silencer" brand anti-theft device that prevents anyone from starting the vehicle even with the key in the ignition by presssing a button (that just happens to be on the key chain). I'm not sure what senario this would be applicable too (unless you had the silenceer in your pocket when someone tried to steal your truck at gunpoint). However, I would like to hear any input anyone has about this product and whether I should keep it or not. I have also noticed that when anyone approaches the truck it will give a single or double 'beep' sound from the truck. At first I thought it was the "Silencer" but it doesn't seem to make any difference whether you have the keys in your pocket or not. What is the purpose of the 'beep' exactly? To keep the honest people honest? We were camping last week and I could here the 'beep' now and again without any movement around the vehicle.

Thank you in advance,
Jon
Flagstaff

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Is there a specific model number that you have on your truck, sounds like you're trying to do some research on this product and I have seen anti-theft systems like this, and I can imagine that it comes down to personal preference and maybe need in some cases.

Can you take a picture of the remote / key fob so we can get a good look at it? Maybe try to get the model number and all that would help too. I assume there is no paperwork for when/where/who installed it, maybe tucked away up in the glovebox or perhaps you can find the alarm box/module tucked up under the hood or under a seat where you can provide the model information?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey @jruth, I'm trying to do some research on this and their website is not loading. ???

Looks like the whole thing is that it can't be started if they key fob gets too far away, mostly I would think that it's so that it can't be started, but I guess if you have a job maybe where you leave it running (like pizza delivery) or something like that where you don't want to start and stop it all the time? I dunno.

jruth

Hey @jruth, I'm trying to do some research on this and their website is not loading. ???

Looks like the whole thing is that it can't be started if they key fob gets too far away, mostly I would think that it's so that it can't be started, but I guess if you have a job maybe where you leave it running (like pizza delivery) or something like that where you don't want to start and stop it all the time? I dunno.

Well, thanks for looking. I would just hate for it to run out of battery and then I couldn't disable it to start the vehicle. The random beep also is peculiair to me. JR

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Well, thanks for looking. I would just hate for it to run out of battery and then I couldn't disable it to start the vehicle. The random beep also is peculiair to me. JR
I'm at a conference right now and this very conversation cane up at dinner. This guy had his truck stolen at 5 am. Someone popped the lock and drove off in about 15 seconds. This device would have stopped them.

Related Content You Might Like: