• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tundra a Bad Investment?

Misprint

Considered an ugly truck if not pimped, the Toyota Tundra has more problems than its looks. Although it has not yet happened to me, many Tundras have a major brake problem. The said problem is what the motor company may call a design oversight, Toyota owners are now calling it a bad investment. I’d have to disagree since mine is working just fine, what are your thoughts?

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
No Toyota is a bad investment!! LOL!! What year tundra do you have? I think I've heard a little about bad brakes but what exactly is it? Go through pads too quickly? In my opinion, every manufacturer has flaws in their product at some time, I'd rather replace brakes a little more often than have a transmission constantly act up or electrical problems.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I agree, every manufacturer has problems with their products. Some all have the same problems, others have little annoying things.

One thing is clear, toyotas all have good resale value, that's been the track record for 20 years now.

Sigrid

I have read about Tundra brake problems especially with the 2008 models. I am not sure if the blog is a genuine one. I forgot to copy the link though, now I can't find it and yeah, every car manufacturer has some problems except maybe for the Rolls-Royce, otherwise the Queen won't like it hahaha

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Considered an ugly truck if not pimped, the Toyota Tundra has more problems than its looks. Although it has not yet happened to me, many Tundras have a major brake problem. The said problem is what the motor company may call a design oversight, Toyota owners are now calling it a bad investment. I’d have to disagree since mine is working just fine, what are your thoughts?
Not sure I agree with Misprint on this one, I think the Tundra looks pretty good overall, the only real problem is that the truck is overdone. It's way to overbuilt to just use as a weekend warrior project truck, but it's too nice to just let the contractor crew destroy it too.

Now, I don't know what the problems are with it. Do serious brake problems exist with it? I don't know, I'm asking the question.

02 Taco

I've sure seen some beat up Tundras. Seems alot of ppl use 'em for work trucks. Not sure about the brakes but I know they'll go to hell and back when they're on duty.

TruckBoy

I am sure Toyota is NOT a bad investment, I had several models and I always have fun driving one. My Brother drives a new Tundra now and think its an over-all good Package.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Toyota is not a bad investment granted they have had problems lately but at least they cure the problem if and when they come up with a cure for it unlike chevy ford dodge ect. Being toyota is having problems that's not going to sway me from buying another one

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
all cars are a bad investment, Toyota just happens to be the least bad investment;)

Dadstruck

I wouldn't call them a bad investment. There are a few years that have brake issues, but I would never consider them a bad investment.

Related Content You Might Like: