• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Trucks are Made to 4x4!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Aren't Toyota made for the mud?

Talk about your 4x4 adventures here.

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Ideas for 4X4ing...

When 4X4ing, there are some things to think about---

1. Make sure you are really allowed to 4x4 in that area. Just because it is a muddy field doesn't mean that you can actually play in the mud pit. Ask first.
2. Be prepared to get stuck. If you are not prepared, then you will get stuck. If you are prepared, you will be able to play all day without ever getting stuck.
3. Always know where your friends are when driving. There is nothing as bad as hitting one of your friend's truck while playing in the mud. You might be great friends, but no one wants their Toyota to be hit.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Good advice, I know in Moses Lake, WA they have stopped people from camping out in the sand dunes because about 10 years ago someone got killed when camping and a drunk 4x4 ran into their camp and killed them. Need to have safety be #1 when having fun.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
i took my 91 toyota pickup mudding all the time thats back when they had manual hubs and a stick in the floor. i wouldnt dare do my 05 like that got too much money invested in it to stink it in a mud hole lol

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Anyone have any pictures of going 4x4ing? Personally I don't. I don't like getting dirty and I certainly don't like getting my truck filthy. I spend too much time cleaning it to get it dirty on purpose.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I guess to each his/her own. I love to go mudding, but I've got a family now so it's kinda hard. We're starting to gear up to go camping again on a regular basis, so maybe we can get offroad at some point up in New Mexico or someplace like that.

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Now, I LOVE to camp! we camp on a regular basis... Load up the back and go from there. If it's too icky or too wet on the ground, pop the pup tent on the bed of the truck. The dog loves it too... especially since most of the camp sites are right by the beach and she LOVES to swim!

WorkingTruck

We love to 4x4 out on the farm. it's fun! Don't know what you're missing ToyotaPitty!

Last edited by a moderator:

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
who ever thought to race 4x4ing... :) check out how these people did it!

Last edited by a moderator:

PETER.PHIL

Before retirement I drove the same 21 mile stretch of 65 mph. highway for 37 years. In later years I saw more SUV's on their roof or laying on the side because of speed and inexperienced stupid a*s driving skills than any other car.

bebtunes

100 Posts
ha ha I would definitely have to say that Toyota trucks are surely designed to be made into mud trucks cause they are already high enough but yet stable and dependable too

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I grew up in the foothills of Colorado (in Westminister, right next to Boulder) and my dad taught us to LOVE camping and 4X4 fun. There were so many times growing up that we'd bypass other people hitting the major 4X4 trails and take some tiny trail that only my dad could see. Up and over boulders, downed trees, creeks (sometimes that were more like rivers and freaked my mom out), and a couple of times up the side of a mountain with a major dropoff that went straight down hundreds of feet... probably not too safe there dad... but we also found awesome ghost towns way up in the middle of nowhere to explore, the most beautiful camp sites, and a couple of mountain lions.

My dad bought a rolled 82 Ford Ranger and cut the top off and made a convertible out of it. Then, bolted a bench seat and seat belts into the bed of his 4X4 pickup for my sister and I. He had other Chevy trucks for work, but this was his favorite. That thing would go anywhere and we would go camping at least once a month. Later on, when we moved to Oklahoma, his favorite thing to do in that truck was to go out when there was tons of ice and snow and pull people out of ditches. We used to love to go with him to do that because we knew he'd drive through a massive snow bank to hear us giggle. Most people in Oklahoma have no clue how to drive in ice and snow - no offense to anyone - and we grew up in it. So, it was fun to us.

I used to take the 93 Toyota out in it because it was lifted and fun as heck to go 4X4ing in. I don't take my '01 out, but I do miss it a lot sometimes.

SurferBoy

hate to sound like that nerdy preppy surfer boy, but I've only taken mine out on the beach so far. not much passion for mud, i love the water! But i have to say, my Tacoma does beautifully on the sand. I have no problems with getting stuck or traction. I have friends with other types of trucks that ride with me now because theirs get stuck and don't handle well at all

MD_Weems

100 Posts
My cousin loves to surf, but he has a Ford. Of course, he actually lives almost on the beach, so he doesn't drive out there on the sand.

antonino

100 Posts
For the more adventurous guys, its really fun to ride in the mud with a 4x4. However, would you really have your BRAND NEW Toyota in the mud?

danstpierre

100 Posts
Whether it is brand new or not, or it was made for that purpose, still, would you really have your Toyota truck thread mud for nothing? You must be kidding me.

Related Content You Might Like: