• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Truck Forum Article Writing Contest

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This contest is brought to you by the TTC Sponsors (please support them!)

Short Overview:
Write a great article and you could win a $30 or $15 Amazon Gift Card & have your article featured on the homepage of TTC!

Detailed Overview:
It never ceases to amaze us how helpful and knowledgeable the members are here on TTC. We take great pride in being a wonderful user-to-user online resource where the typical enthusiast can come and get the specific help that he/she needs, in a low-drama environment.

However, sometimes we can become a victim of our own success, and new members often report having difficulty at first searching through the overwhelming sea of forum post and information

So, as we move forward with plans to grow the community, we have plans to highlight those members on the site that go above and beyond by providing well-written feature-length articles on a variety of popular topics. So we're starting up a article-writing contest to do just that.

The Process:
  1. Members on TTC write 500+ word articles and post them on the site.
  2. Return to this thread and post a link to your article with a brief description.
  3. Once we have at least 25 submissions we’ll set an end date for the contest (at least 1 week notice)
  4. We’ll judge the articles & pick five winners - criteria includes the quality of writing, content of the article, references, photos and the amount of pageviews and replies top
  5. The two best articles will each get a $30 Amazon Gift Card & the member will be featured as an award winning feature article writer
  6. The third, fourth and fifth best articles will each get a $15 Amazon Gift Card & the member will be listed as a feature article writer

How To Enter:
  1. Pick a Topic. Pick a topic RELATED TO ANYTHING on the site, feel free to think outside of the box.

Examples of cool topics:
    - Review a specific year/make/model of vehicle
    - Document an aftermarket installation project
    - Show us how to re-wire a trailer
    - Compare and contrast two different years of vehicles
    - Talk about different wheel and tire options for a specific make and model
  2. Use a Good Title. Create a well-worded & detailed title.

Examples:
    - “2012 Toyota Tacoma Offroad Review” is much better than “my taco”
    - "How to check tire pressure in a Toyota Tunda" is must better than "stuff on tires".
  3. Write The Article. Write a unique high quality article with around 500-1000 words (750 average is fine ... longer only if it is helpful info). It must have at least one picture relative to the subject. Bonus points if you add more pics (pictures are usually worth 1,000 words, but in this contest they are worth about 10 - 50)
  4. Attach / Upload Images. While we know that people want to use Photobucket, it's really very easy to attach photos to your article itself, or upload them to your albums and copy the URL. (Over time, people remove the photobucket photos, and we lose the content on the site!)
  5. Post a Reply here. Post a reply to this thread with a link to your article(s) and we'll review and enter them for judging.

Rules:
  • All articles must be posted in be posted in one of the following forums. GM Platforms (any sub-forum), Technical Forums or Modifications & Accessories. Notice, these forum names may change, and we will update this list.
  • All articles must be written by you and must be unique (not copied from other sources)
  • Sorry, previously written articles and pages will not count for this contest.
  • All articles must contain accurate information, and must be a minimum of 500 words, and should contain pictures relative to the subject matter
  • Please spell check your article(s)
  • ToyotaTruckCluck retains full license of articles submitted
  • At least 25 articles need to be submitted before we set an end-date for this contest
  • Contest is void where prohibited, open to residents of the US and Canada, rules are subject to change at any time by revising this post, gift cards will be delivered electronically via email from the Amazon.com website.
  • We will choose an end date for the contest once we reach 20 entries. In the event that we don't get 20 quality entries, we can cancel or extend this contest at our discretion.
  • Vendors are not eligible to win.

How to determine what to write
Just look around the site at some of the most popular threads and see what makes them work. If you're still stuck, toss out a few ideas in this thread and get some feedback from others. There are literally hundreds-of-thousands of articles that could be written.

Here are some ideas of articles that could to be written:
  • 20xx Toyota XXXXX Owner Review (fill in what you own)
  • How to install aftermarket headlights on a Toyota XXXXX
  • Top 10 Automotive Mobile Apps
  • Top 10 Android Apps for your Car/Truck
  • Tips for Keeping Your Car Clean In The Summer
  • Tips for Keeping Your Truck Clean in the Winter
  • Oil Changes - Dealership vs. Local Garage
  • Top Five Discount Offroad Tires
  • Top Ten High Performance Offroad Tires
  • Top Ten Highway Tires for your Truck
  • How to build the ultimate garage workshop
  • Top 10 items for Emergency/First Aid kit for your truck

Here are some great examples of existing articles from our sister-site: (these are just some that I found in one location on the site, they are not all perfect but show some really great writing and documentation from members. Just look around and you'll find more)

We look forward to your submissions!!

(Wait, you’re not the writing type? If you have an idea for an article that you’d like to see someone write, please reply with a sample title and a quick description of what you’d like to see in the article.)

antonino

100 Posts
Hmmm. How i hope I have the proverbial flare of the pen. I think, writing is just not my forte.

danstpierre

100 Posts
Ohhh.. me too. But if the prize is a brand new Toyota Tacoma, or a modified Toyota truck, then I'll spend days and night writing. LOL!

Related Content You Might Like: