• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota announces a recall on 2001-2004 Tacomas in cold climate states!

supernovax3

100 Posts
Toyota is recalling about 150,000 2001-2004 Tacomas from cold climate states. Salts from the roads can be corrosive and damage the spare tire lift plate, causing it to come loose or fall out. You should get a letter in the mail or you can call them.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
oh wow. Well I am safe, but salt harms any vehicle. Was a part not made right causing the salt to damage it faster than normal?

supernovax3

100 Posts
Yeah, the tire carrier lift plate wasn't coated with enough phosphate, so all the salt can corrode it quickly.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, another recall huh? At least they're being diligent about it.

supernovax3

100 Posts
Yeah, thankfully! I still think they have to be diligent considering the issues with cars' brakes not working and issuing mass recalls. That was a fiasco that really hurt their company so they have to be on top of everything now.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Yeah, thankfully! I still think they have to be diligent considering the issues with cars' brakes not working and issuing mass recalls. That was a fiasco that really hurt their company so they have to be on top of everything now.
I agree. Nowadays with everyone being sue happy. It is better for companies to issue recalls, even if it is for something small, than to not do it at all. The financial risk and the marketing risk are far too great....

PICO101

They had a recall for certain 1996-2000 Tacoma's not too long ago. I never needed to take mine in, it gets undercoated every 9 months by Zebarts. Now this is noly the cold climate states for the 01-04's?

Related Content You Might Like: