• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota A-BAT Concept Car/Truck

MD_Weems

100 Posts

Anyone seen this new concept car/truck from Toyota - the A-BAT?

Personally, I think this thing is cool as hell - the hubby however, hates it. What do you think?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Wow, that's going to take some getting used to. Looks like a ridgeline or maybe one of the new trucks of that type.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm not sure about the styling, it's actually not all that different from some of the other concepts-come-to-life that others have put out recently. I'd want to see some more pics of it to get a good feeling for it.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
Wow, that's going to take some getting used to. Looks like a ridgeline or maybe one of the new trucks of that type.
It does remind me of the Ridgeline too. I wonder if they are trying to gain some Honda customers by making one that looks really similar. Although I don't know if the Ridgeline's doors open like these do, I like it better I think. Overall, I think it's a pretty cool truck. I will see if I can find more pics of it to post.

lharris76

very different for sure

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

now that is one bad truck

GearHead

100 Posts
It certainly will take some getting used to. Kind of looks like some sort of spacecraft. Where does the cargo fit? Not much room for passengers in the back. Probable handles/performs great though.

GearHead

100 Posts
I'm sure there would be a market for it. The design reminds me of something I've seen, not sure what... Maybe the Honda Ridgeline? Is that what it's called? Not sure if that's right off the top of my head, but yeah, sort of similar to it.

antonino

100 Posts
I would rate this concept AVERAGE. A concept car should really capture the imagination. This design didn't captured mine.

altavas

Very, very, very cool! I like the design very much. How I wish, we have good customizers in the neighborhood.

spoiledcitygirl

TTC Chicks
Toyota has a way of taking great ideas like this, then blanding them down. I call it "The Camry Treatment". Think Scion xB, they took all the "edge" out of it. I wonder if their execs can handle actually putting this one on the street. I love Toyota at the auto show, but showroom floor almost always leaves me wanting more. (Disclaimer: I own an 08 xB, I love the car, but miss the edge of my 04 xB). Comon Toyota, keep the edge!!!

Related Content You Might Like: