• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

sypmtoms of a bad master cylinder?

mustang_racer88

Besides loosing the brakes what are the symptoms of a bad master cylinder?

If this calls for replacing the brake master cylinder my plans are to replace the M/C and booster as a unit. Any good links or articles on how to? My big question is how to get the fluid out of the M/C without making a mess all over my steering box.

Last edited:

glassdoc

Well, symptom wise. I don't know of any. Either it is working or.. you don't stop. Mine decided to quit today. Blew the seal and all the brake fluid went into the booster. Thank gawd, that my 04 dubcab does not have the VSC (vehicle stability control) because that master cylinder lists for $1100 at Toyota. Mine only has ABS and i got a new without reservoir for $123. But.. guess what, 8 part stores including Toyota did not have it on the shelf. Had to come from New jersey. I did not replace the booster. And Brakes work great, now. Was a little scarey this morning. Anyways, good luck. If i was going to replace the booster, I'd go to a bigger booster. Saw it online some time ago that just a half inch bigger will provide more ft pounds of stopping power tremendously. Kind of like torque convertors in trannies..

Related Content You Might Like: