• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Supercharger Or Engine Swap

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
how many miles on the truck, engine, etc? Overall has it been running properly?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Whats your goal?
I have a Supercharger with fuel, exhaust, cooling, and drive mods on my 99 3.4 Tacoma.
Everything was done in stages over a few years so I had a chance to run it at different stages.
I wouldn't recommend a Supercharger without adding a 7th injector, the 3.4 runs to lean without it and cracks the heads.
Prior to all the mods mine was dynoed at 342hp @3800rpm 352ftlb torque.
Since then I added larger injectors, full dual exhaust and headers, and a 3lb water injector system with a meth alcohol injector. Larger boost pulley, and cleaned up the intake system. Don't know the horsepower now, I know it gets down the road quick and eats fuel even quicker.
Doesn't stay in tune well and if there was a better clutch than a Heavy duty Hats I'd buy it since this one slips and gets about 40k between replacements.
Fun vehicle but not practacle.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yep, the Supra engine already has a lot of the go fast goodies on it from factory, just getting hard to find and expensive.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yes it does come with the auto, and that price is very resonable when compared to a 3.4 with supercharger.
The only issue is getting it to function 100% correctly in a truck, not a lot of background there since its not a real popular truck swap.

Related Content You Might Like: