• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

DFW TX Service Pros Auto Center in Arlington

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just came here after A1 Tire failed to do my alignment properly. First, this is a great place, looks like a franchise place but it's not.

They're doing my Tundras alignment now. They did a road test first, asked me to explain the issues I was having, etc. So far, so good.

20190824_142741.jpg
20190824_142456.jpg
20190824_142611.jpg
20190824_142406.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's a quick video.

Service Pros auto center. No, they're not a sponsor.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They're really taking their time with this. Hard to believe for only $110 they're even taking off the skid plate.

1566677307503620075189797300883.jpg

15666774288291755612450791220252.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Turns out the alignment was really pretty screwy. They're fine tuning it.

20190824_151906.jpg

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
You should receive a color printout of your truck's alignment specs before & after the alignment. Did you get one? Only two places here in town give you one of these printouts, and one is the Toyota dealer. Is your steering wheel straight now?

BTW- that's the stock "splash shield" he was removing, and not a skid plate. It helps kkep water out of the engine compartment when you hit a big puddle. That thing will fold up like an aluminum can if you happen to hit a rock with it. I threw mine in the trash after removing it to install the TRD skid plate.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
You should receive a color printout of your truck's alignment specs before & after the alignment. Did you get one? Only two places here in town give you one of these printouts, and one is the Toyota dealer. Is your steering wheel straight now?

BTW- that's the stock "splash shield" he was removing, and not a skid plate. It helps kkep water out of the engine compartment when you hit a big puddle. That thing will fold up like an aluminum can if you happen to hit a rock with it. I threw mine in the trash after removing it to install the TRD skid plate.
Good point but I looked up the part number and it's officially a skid plate. But it's a $120 replacement part and the TRD PRO skid plate is s $430 replacement part

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hmm. Maybe it is the splash shield. Yeah. It already had a rusty spot.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
FYI- In the Toyota installation instructions for the TRD skid plate, the first step is: "Remove the splash shield.", followed by some detailed tips on how to do that. Perhaps your splash shield is more stout/stronger/thicker/better than the one on our Platinum, but I felt ours was punched out of very thin steel, and would be virtually useless as it was tucked way up in the front, and really would NOT "skid" over any rocks. Glad I got rid of it!

Related Content You Might Like: