• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Practical storage solution for the cargo area - no more rolling groceries in my 4Runner!

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Oh, it's the little wins that you have to appreciate. LOL!

It only took one grocery trip with my new 4Runner to realize that I needed something to contain all of my new purchases, and keep them from roaming about the cargo area. The mini watermelon survived the two-block trip home, nestled in the indentation of my Husky liner. The rest of the groceries? Not so much.

Fortunately, I had already scoped out some potential storage options, and found these awesome canvas/nylon lined totes at Ross for $8.99 each. Three fit perfectly behind the second row, and each bin holds about 3-4 grocery bags. The totes stand up on their own, they can be nestled inside one another, to get them out of the way easily, they're all black, inside and out, so they won't stain, and that canvas should last a long, long time. Not to mention, it's going to be much easier hauling entire totes, versus individual bags.

storage totes.jpg

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Works for me. I learned this lesson some time ago after losing a birthday cake from stuff rolling around everywhere.

Brad

100 Posts
This is actually what I've been looking for. I do shop a lot with my girlfriend and do occasionally camp, so a storage area like this would be perfect.

Chase

This looks like a great idea, but you can only fit small things in the totes, or at least that's how it looks like from the picture.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
@PaleoMama are those bags pretty sturdy? Did they stand up straight and stiff even if there's nothing in them? Looks like a very good and low-cost way to do the same thing that other systems do for 5x that much.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
This looks like a great idea, but you can only fit small things in the totes, or at least that's how it looks like from the picture.
They're pretty roomy and tall bins. Each will fit about four grocery bags. I'll have to get the tape measure to tell you the exact dimensions.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
@PaleoMama are those bags pretty sturdy? Did they stand up straight and stiff even if there's nothing in them? Looks like a very good and low-cost way to do the same thing that other systems do for 5x that much.
They're a nice, sturdy, heavy canvas that does stand up on its own :D They have a black cloth liner sewn inside, too.

Proudshamrock

I installed a couple of cargo nets and they're perfect for groceries. Just unclip when not needed and store in the glove compartment.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I installed a couple of cargo nets and they're perfect for groceries. Just unclip when not needed and store in the glove compartment.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Factory or aftermarket nets?

Last edited:

Crazy8

Great idea. My buddy used them big plastic tubs in his. I think he fits 3 back there and it does the job well. They fit snug and he don't have to worry about opening the back and having groceries or anything falling out.

Related Content You Might Like: