• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

One more Yota :)

Gérard

Hi guy's I've finally bough my first toyota pickup , a little bit of nostalgia , as my father always drove those little trucks :)

It's currently in the garage because of the bad driveshaft yokes.

It's it in quite a good condition considering i'vs only paid 800$

1989 4x4 , extended cab , with the almighty 22r :)

As the picture show..... i'll also have an exhaust to do soon... hahahaa
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Nice find at a great price.
Looks like some sketchy repairs in the past but a thorough going over should shake those problems out.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I love those style of camper shells on there, really give you a lot of covered room in the bed. Good pics and description.

Gérard

Thanks guy's !

The driveshaft is done , and the shaking is gone , problem solved !

Next will be the exhaust and an oil change.

Stay tuned :)

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
looks good from here,,,,rust in the usual spots for a truck in your area...definitely got your nickels worth..

Gérard

Keeping in on the road will be a good start :)

I'm a plasterer , and used to get to work with my old beated up 1998 Diesel Vw Jetta , but the trunk is pretty small for all my tools , that's the main reason why i bough the truck.

Also being able to move bigger items , like my dirt bike directly in the truck bed will save me time compared to hooking up the trailer on my 2004 Jetta.

I'll keep my 2004 TDI Jetta for my long travel , 6-7l per 100 km I can't spit on that :p and use the truck to get to work and move big items.

Upcoming work on the truck will be the oil change , and exhaust line , and also a good tune-up , i've made 350km soo far and i'm nearly empty of fuel , i'm pretty sure i can get better gas milage out of the 22re , and I really drove it smoothly.

Attachments

Gérard

Hey everyone , haven't been here in a while.

Nothing interesting new , did an oil change.

3 Day's ago my brakes began to grind , like metal on metal.

Soo yesterday I changed my front brakes , new disks and pads , but while removing the wheels , the caps that cover my free-lock crumbled to dust.

Does those cap have an use , like to prevent dust-dirt-water to get into my locks ?

I looked closely but everything seem sealed without those , i presume they might only be cosmetic ?

Thanks for you help , Gérard.
IMG_0612.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey everyone , haven't been here in a while.

Nothing interesting new , did an oil change.

3 Day's ago my brakes began to grind , like metal on metal.

Soo yesterday I changed my front brakes , new disks and pads , but while removing the wheels , the caps that cover my free-lock crumbled to dust.

Does those cap have an use , like to prevent dust-dirt-water to get into my locks ?

I looked closely but everything seem sealed without those , i presume they might only be cosmetic ?

Thanks for you help , Gérard. View attachment 2956View attachment 2957
They broke apart into pieces? Wonder when the last time they were taken off was.

Gérard

The drive side one is rotten and has an hole in it.

The other side literally crumble onto itself when i removed the wheel.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
They are cosmetic. One is supposed to have large access hole so you can lock/unlock your hubs. If your hub locks are very stiff might be a good time to remove them and freshen up the grease...read instructions(quite simple) for removal or sure as sheet you will break something!

Related Content You Might Like: