• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

DFW TX Oliver Nature Park in Mansfield

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This park is beyond amazing. Really is. Anyone ever been? Hopefully a wide angle photo displays here.

IMG_20190817_194719.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah been there a few times. Goes farther back than you would think
Looks like they're adding more back to that park. Like a bridge is going in. Any idea what might be added back there?

Since I'm headed on this path to heath and getting more sun and exercise, I'll be at this park more often.

20190817_201657.jpg

20190817_201701.jpg

20190817_201703.jpg

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I know they are planning to join oliver park with rose park somehow..
Ok, I did a google search on my lunch break and I came across Mansfield's master plan for this park.

WALNUT CREEK LINEAR PARK PHASE II

On this master plan, looks like they're going to connect Oliver Nature Park to this new 12' wide trail to an area just south of Joe Pool Lake.

Click To View: PDF OF MANSFIELD PLAN FOR THIS LINEAR PARK

1566235360423.png

This is the bridge they're building. Clearly on the other side you can see there is NOT a path built yet, but they have cleared a bunch of trees out, so I assume they're going to try to build that path at the same time they're building the bridge.

1566235211119.png

Hate to say it, but this is tax money well spent. ;-) technically I'm in Arlington, but I pay Mansfield ISD taxes which are stupidly high.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
It's funny what water does to roads ... because bridges are so expensive. I actually have looked at buying a house in the Knightsbridge Estates before (back when my income was higher!) and I didn't know that it was so close to the park ... just because you have to enter it from so far south off Broad street. Just funny to see if on the map like this.

Close-Up of Oliver Nature Park new Bridge and planned 12' path.

1566235627057.png

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey @Voltron if you want to get together for a hike in that park let me know. Anyone else in DFW want to join us we can make a meet of it.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My granddaughter, daughter, son-In-law. and I have kayak'ed through that area a couple times.
Depending on the water levels it can be about a 2 hour paddle from Loyd Park, theres some great fishing spots along the way that can only be reached by small boats.
Past that area the water level and tree's in the creek make it to hard to paddle through.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
My granddaughter, daughter, son-In-law. and I have kayak'ed through that area a couple times.
Depending on the water levels it can be about a 2 hour paddle from Loyd Park, theres some great fishing spots along the way that can only be reached by small boats.
Past that area the water level and tree's in the creek make it to hard to paddle through.
I've heard that you can kayak up there but have never done it.

Related Content You Might Like: