• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Oil filter

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Well, According to Pit Stop, this filter is expensive, but not necessarily any better than the cheaper version that Honda puts out, the OEM. This is a filter designed for the Honda vehicles, not the Toyota vehicle, but if it fits, then use it. It does get 4 out of 5 flags (that's what they use at pit Stop) for preformance and reliability, but only 2 flags for value. Your choice. :)

danstpierre

100 Posts
Mugen is a respected brand name! It is a bit expensive, as they have earned well their reputation.

john505

filters

I used fram filters for 20 years. Now a days that things are so much money i'll buy what ever filter is on sale. My brother in-law works for GM for 30 years and he says most oil filters today are made by the same company, and outer metal shell is stamped with the brand name of who its made for. It maybe one of a few companies that manufacture oil filters for the car industry. It sounds about right to me. How many time you buy a product with one name on it and later find out it was made by another company.

I've got a Mugen oil filter, anyone know how they perform? Wouldn't surprise me if they are just rebranded Hamp filters!

supernovax3

100 Posts
They're not much different than other brands. I myself just get what's cheapest, since I don't see much of a palpable difference in quality. It's only on there for about 3 months anyways!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
3 months? how many miles already? Many you need to perform a change oil and replace the oil filter with new ones in that case you will avoid some trouble in the future hence you are not using OEM.

TruckStruck1

Providing a high level of filtering and preventing pressure drop is a difficult task in oil filter design. Mugen has accomplished both with their new high performance oil filter.

Related Content You Might Like: