• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Icepick

Hi Folks. The only new vehicle I ever bought needs some help. It's a 1974 Hilux Longbed, IMHO the cadillac of import trucks when I bought it. I do most of my own work. The engine has been rebuilt once (I had this work done) but the rest of the truck is stock and original. It's rusty in spots but it's been such a good truck to me I'd like to keep it running as long as possible.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site. Wow, you have a 1-owner 1974 Toyota Hilux? Pics! Pics!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks good from 40'.
LOL! I was thinking that you were saying that it had a 40-foot bed! :) In my head I had visions of some type of super customized bobtail truck with a 40-foot long flatbed on it. :)

Icepick

Ha! Nope, just a long bed Hilux. All original, although I had the engine rebuilt about 120k ago. It's weak and has rust in all the usual places. In fact, it's not running at the time. It was bucking and backfiring so bad a couple of weeks ago I had to park it. Until then it saw regular use. I really like the lowish accessible bed. I believe I've got a distributor problem. It's original also and I'm thinking it's just sloppy and unable to deliver a synchronized spark. One of our readers gave me a line on new distributors for my 18RC, so I'm going to order one and see what happens. I can't believe how much I miss having that truck on the road.

Related Content You Might Like: