• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

New Member Tyler

tylerbryant

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and looking for a lot of answers.

I am new to Toyotas I have had Subarus in my past but was recently gifted a 1998 Tacoma so I decided what the heck why not.

When I went to go get it from Oregon and tow it home I was under the impression that it was toast. The motor didn't run and possibly the clutch was done and needed to be replaced.
I got down there with a trailer to tow it home and I jumped it and it fired right up and then I tried to move it and once again it moved just fine.
I noticed a pretty big oil leak coming from the bell housing area so I suspect a rear main issue.

The truck has some body damage that I'm trying to get fixed. The bumper is bashed in, the drivers fender had been pushed into the drivers door preventing the door from opening all the way. Also there are dents scrapes in the body and bed as well.

I am looking for some information on what the structure behind the bumper is suppose to look like so I can fix it.

IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Is the truck registered? How long has it been since it's been on the road?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome from VA. Shouldn't take much to get the truck up to par.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Looks like it was sitting under a pine tree for a whole season at least, but other than the battery and maybe some mechanical work, looks decent! certainly worth the price you paid for it! haaha. Keep us up to date with this build.

Most of the bumpers anymore are just a plastic or resin skin that fits over a moulded poly / dense styrofoam mixture that is designed to absorb the impact from a low-speed impact and bouce back, and then to break apart and move energy around as much as possible in a high-speed impact.

Jarred

100 Posts
Looks still pretty solid but definitely needs some TLC. Good luck with the project..

Related Content You Might Like: