• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Nest Learning Thermostat - Looking At Programmable Thermostat. Nest? Honeywell? Anyone? (updated)

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I installed a new stove in the house today and it keeps asking to connect to my White Rodgers thermostat via Wi-Fi, it's asked about 5 times now.
Why my stove would want to connect to the thermostat, refridgerator, tablet, phone, t.v. dishwasher, and a few other items is beyond me. Didn't realize I had so many items in the house with WiFi.
Unfortunately the stove is real persistent about connecting with the thermostat, but this is a connection I don't think I'll allow them to peruse, I'm thinking once they find out how little they have in common one of them will end up wanting to break off the relationship and make things tense in the house.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I installed a new stove in the house today and it keeps asking to connect to my White Rodgers thermostat via Wi-Fi, it's asked about 5 times now.
Why my stove would want to connect to the thermostat, refridgerator, tablet, phone, t.v. dishwasher, and a few other items is beyond me. Didn't realize I had so many items in the house with WiFi.
Unfortunately the stove is real persistent about connecting with the thermostat, but this is a connection I don't think I'll allow them to peruse, I'm thinking once they find out how little they have in common one of them will end up wanting to break off the relationship and make things tense in the house.
I've noticed this as well! I get the fact that there are some things that automation and connectivity makes sense like your hvac system, maybe even the water heater, but the fridge? Oven? Toaster? Dishwasher?

Related Content You Might Like: