• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Leasing, why do you lease?

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
I have never been a fan of leasing. I like to own my own truck or car. I typically drive my trucks for ten years, so there is no reason to lease. Why do you lease?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My wife and I own a small buisness, up until a few years ago we were able to deduct 85% of a leased vehicle for buisness purposes, along with maintenance and fuel, since the tax laws changed theres no advantage.
At that time the tax laws wouldnt allow you that type deduction for company owned or private vehicles used for buisness.

Chase

Not a big fan of leasing either but sometimes you end up having to do it. I think it'd be everyone's preference to have their own truck.

Brad

100 Posts
I never lease and would never do so. I'm like you, I prefer to have my own vehicle.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Leasing is preferred for business otherwise pay cash. We have obviously have different tax laws in Canada as we depreciate our vehicles used for business, preferred over leasing. Since a automobile is a luxury never finance, pay cash only. JMHO

Brad

100 Posts
Leasing is preferred for business otherwise pay cash. We have obviously have different tax laws in Canada as we depreciate our vehicles used for business, preferred over leasing. Since a automobile is a luxury never finance, pay cash only. JMHO
I get what you're saying, but I just wouldn't lease. I realize it's good from a business point of view, but not for me.

Related Content You Might Like: