• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Leasing or owning on the 4Runner?

Crazy8

Considering this is an off road/sport style vehicle, is it wise to lease one? My buddy's is all dirty and beat up but it drives amazingly still. He was going to lease it but I think if you lease one, you can't have as much fun.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I purchased mine, and I agree- leasing just wasn't an option for me. I was going to put too much strain on the truck. My boyfriend and I go out a lot- and the farther we can get 'away from a road', the better. Risking putting that kind of use into a leased truck just wasn't plausible for us.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If your going to use it to off-road and possibly modify the vehicle leasing would never be a viable option.
Most leases forbid modifications and all damage has to be repaired or paid for at lease end, even small brush scratches and nicks.
Im not a fan of leasing regardless, I like paying cash and owning a vehicle outright. Lease vehicles return $0 equity and payment arent normally a lot cheaper than buying with the comparable lease assumption fees.
My wife and I owned a small buisness a few years back that we leased 2 vehicles for and the following year purchased 2 duplicate vehicles for. In the final analasys the purchased vehicles were a better bargain by almost $6000 each.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Leasing can be a good thing for some people, but i've been told by money managers that it's usually the most expensive way to drive a vehicle, with some exceptions. However, getting into a lease you spend less money each month, so if you're just trying to keep your cashflow down while doing something like build up a business, then it can leave you with 30-50% each month more money in your pocket compared to buying, but it's a risk that you might owe more when you're done with the lease, plus when you're done with the lease you're going to have to get another vehicle.

Related Content You Might Like: