• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

In need of apparently rare part for 1980 Toyota

Xmsteel

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a 1980 Toyota Pickup (2.2L 4Spd). The clutch went out and while the mechanics were in there they found something interesting.

To make a long story short, I need a part; And apparently its pretty rare.
That's why I've signed up, to see if I can get help from Toyota guys.

I need a clutch fork and/or the throw out bearing spacer that sits on it. The current one I have is incorrect and someone has used wire to hold it together to make it work. :mad3:

I have contacted over a dozen different parts places all throughout the United States with no luck. Toyota themselves can't even get it.

So I'm going out on a limb and hoping someone has this part, and is willing to sell it to me.

I live in Washington State. I'm willing to cover shipping and whatever you think you need for the part itself.

Thank you.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Have to have one of the other guys jump in and see they they can help. They seem to be able to help point guys in the right direction from time to time on pre-1990's trucks.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Have you contacted Marlin Crawler? I know they specialize in low range crawler t boxs but they have a lot of knowledge about parts and repairs for most Toyota trans.

Xmsteel

Hey, thanks for the responses.

Apparently persistence wins, because finally we found one. Supposedly its the correct thing and its being shipped to my mechanic.
I guess we'll find out. If it doesn't turn out I guess I'll be back where I was and possibly check out this "Marlin Crawler" place you speak of.

Edit: I have a quick question though. Its an SR5, but has a 4-speed. Was that even possible? Or did they possibly remove a 5Spd and put in a 4?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey, thanks for the responses.

Apparently persistence wins, because finally we found one. Supposedly its the correct thing and its being shipped to my mechanic.
I guess we'll find out. If it doesn't turn out I guess I'll be back where I was and possibly check out this "Marlin Crawler" place you speak of.

Edit: I have a quick question though. Its an SR5, but has a 4-speed. Was that even possible? Or did they possibly remove a 5Spd and put in a 4?
Umm, SR5 actually means 'Sport Rally 5-Speed'. Is it licensed as an sr5 or did someone just put the badging on it?

Xmsteel

Umm, SR5 actually means 'Sport Rally 5-Speed'. Is it licensed as an sr5 or did someone just put the badging on it?
Oh wow okay. Well, I thought maybe it was a tailgate from another truck, but the color is the exact same, it says SR5 Longbox *factory painted (and it is a longbox), and it has the options such as Tacometer, Amp/Voltage Meter, Oil Pressure Meter, and the fancier steering wheel.

If it is another tailgate, whoever got it did a superb job at finding a matching one and putting higher-end options on afterwards.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
I didn't know what's what SR5 meant. But yeah, it could be a decal or something. I know I've seen people do that with the old 5.0 mustangs, but it's something like a v6, lol. o_O

Related Content You Might Like: