• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

IDLER PULLEY

My 1991 Toyota Pickup needs a pulley because the bearing is noisy. It has the 4 cylinder engine. Problem is, I can't find it in a parts search. My mechanic said it is an idler pulley related to the power steering system. If you were to look down at the engine, it is the top most pulley you'd see. Any body know the part number so I can start tracking one down? Thanks

Den.

You won't need to replace the entire pulley, just the bearing. Remove the pulley, pull the bearing out and read the bearing code stamped on the outer bearing race or simply measure the id, od and width. It's a common bearing available at your local bearing supply or on eBay for cheap.

Den.

Sorry for the late reply. Was that $26 for a new pulley/bearing? Or, $26 for just the bearing?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I had to replace my idler pulley last summer. I usually go straight to ebay to do a search. Don't always buy from ebay but seems I can always find the part I'm searching listed. The idler pulleys for my '91 Toyota ranged in price from $17 to $98. I decided i did not want to risk it flying off so I bought one locally for $33 CDN. A couple months later I put a complete running '92 toyota parts truck in my yard.

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: