• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hunting Season - 2010/2011

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Who's going hunting this year and what are you going hunting for?

Let's see some photos!

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Some Hints for Trucks and Hunting: (learn from others so that you don't have to learn from your own mistakes)

1. Be sure to carry boards in the back of your car. This way if the field is wetter than it looks, you do not end up stuck in the middle of a field. It is not fun, trust me.
2. Lay down a tarp on the bed of your truck. You may not think you are worried about animal blood and fur in the truck, that you'll just spray it off later, but you'd be surprised how hard that is to clean up. A tarp is cheap, easy to wrap around the animal for moving and it can protect your truck.
3. Have a winch installed on your truck. You'd be surprised how many cars that need help getting unstuck in the middle of a field or on the side of the road. Be a hero and a hunter, and pull them out.

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
Some Hints for Trucks and Hunting: (learn from others so that you don't have to learn from your own mistakes)

1. Be sure to carry boards in the back of your car. This way if the field is wetter than it looks, you do not end up stuck in the middle of a field. It is not fun, trust me.
2. Lay down a tarp on the bed of your truck. You may not think you are worried about animal blood and fur in the truck, that you'll just spray it off later, but you'd be surprised how hard that is to clean up. A tarp is cheap, easy to wrap around the animal for moving and it can protect your truck.
3. Have a winch installed on your truck. You'd be surprised how many cars that need help getting unstuck in the middle of a field or on the side of the road. Be a hero and a hunter, and pull them out.
here's a perfect example of #1 LOL!!!! This is from last year, i doubt boards would have helped any, had to get pulled out my a tractor!

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
hey, you do have boards under your truck! didn't make it out without a tractor though? hey, if you are gonna do it, do it well.... even when getting stuck in the mud.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Good advice. We used to take some ash from the fireplace up with us in a bucket, that's really grainy and will help to add friction to the snow/ice pack so you can get out. It's never failed us.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
hey, you do have boards under your truck! didn't make it out without a tractor though? hey, if you are gonna do it, do it well.... even when getting stuck in the mud.
now that day was priceless didnt think we were ever going to get it out. he also failed to mention the cinder blocks under his tires

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
wow... you got very stuck there... let's hope that doesn't happen to too many people. Did you get anything that year?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I might actually see if there are some guys going out this year that i can hook up with. It's very expensive in Texas, so I'll see if there is someone I can split the cost of the deer lease with.

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I'll be going hunting, usually deer hunting but coyotes are pretty common where I hunt a lot and they make good target practice. Also squirrel hunting and some turkey. All I got last year was a red fox. Shot a deer but it was a joint effort with a buddy of mine.

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
That's cool. We have some amazing hunting around here. More deer than one could possibly imagine. Not too many coyote though. Rabbit season should be all year and in the city though. :)

WorkingTruck

I do some hunting my land, but it tends to scare the cows. I have some deer and coyotes, but the coyotes keep away on account of the dogs.

Related Content You Might Like: