• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Howdy from So. Cal. New member making accessories

Hello fellow Tacoma owners. I live in the San Gabriel Valley of So. Cal, and have owned several Toyotas since high school: started with a 76 FJ55 wagon, then a 70 FJ40 (which I still own), another 75 FJ55 wagon, and now I currently own a 2005 Tacoma pre-runner access cab and a 2012 4x4 dbl cab lb SR5 - both were bought new.
I enjoy seeing what others have made/done to customize their trucks, and have been inspired... though I tend to prefer keeping my trucks close to stock, and adding only functional items. The one thing I do want is a very mild lift (3") for the 2012 dbl cab, and skids/sliders. I already added the CBI front receiver so I can attache winch when I need it; I dont want it on there full time.
I have been a lifelong DIY/fabber, and finally decided to offer up some of the items I have made for myself, to other Tacoma owners. Instead of making 1-offs for myself, I am working with a few metal shops to get parts laser cut / fabricated profesionally.
I will post some links, I think some others out there might appreciate what I have done.

Glad to be here, and any feedback is always appreciated.

Jesse

Perackfez

Hey there TTP! The Toyota Truck Club is pretty packed with Tacoma drivers so you'll be able to deal I'd say. While you can sell your parts, make sure to upload some pics of your truck to the Gallery. I hope you enjoy yourself and get involved with some interesting chat/informational threads here.

So I have several ideas for Tacoma products. I have a motorcycle tie-down bar that is powder coated and ready to ship.

I also am working with a metal fabrication shop, and waiting for pricing quotes from them on a locking metal storage box to replace the factory plastic bins in the bed (an alternative to the Tuffy brand box). With this, you would be able to purchase just the locking door to work with the factory plastic storage bins, and add the extra storage capacity boxes at a later date, or buy the whole thing at one time. It is a modular design, and you can keep the power inverter outlet if your truck came equipped with it.

I am also in the proto-typing stage with surfboard / ski rack bed bars. Toyota used to offer accessory bed bars but they are discontinued. I am still refining the design with these... I am trying to improve the design / versatility. The great thing about these is that they are the same size bar as Yakima, so all of their attachments will fit these bars.

The Motorcycle tie-down bar is for sale, $175 + $35 S&H to the continental US.

I will post as the other Tacoma accessories become available.
These are just a few of the many ideas I have, many are still on the drawing board... eerrr, computer CAD screen. Next up will be interior locking storage....

One thing to note: none of these require drilling or modification of your truck... Simple bolt on items.

Jesse

The Motorcycle tie-down bar:

The Locking bed storage box; Use just the locking door for the factory plastic storage bins, or use with my extra storage capacity boxes... and you can still mount the power inverter outlet if you have it. Done with proto-types, waiting for metal shop to give me pricing.

And the surfboard/ski rack bed bars; Same size as Yakima bars so you can use any of their attachments.

Related Content You Might Like: