• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How to choose an off road tire?

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
What type of terrain do you typically drive on?
Hilly, Flat, Mountains, Extremes

For level terrains, try to find off road ties with a tread that is not so aggressive. For mountainous terrain, find something that has good edges that can help the Tacoma reach over the ground.

Another important factor in selecting an off-road tire is the set up of it. Is it lifted, stock, or leveled?
This is important in determining the size of tires and the terrains that can be visited.

Huck Norris

Just remember, if you decide to go with taller tires for off road you may need to change out some other components. You may also choose to add a suspension lift or a body lift.

SharkRider

100 Posts
For off-roading, I prefer goodyear mtrs and bfg mud-terrains.

They have served me well both off-roading in California, Utah, and Colorado.

suncomb1

I run Dick Cepek Fun Country II Radials. I used to run Armstrong Norseman Radials but they went out of business. The reason I run the Cepek's is because they have the same tread pattern as the Norseman. They are quiet at highway speeds (75-80 MPH), you can air them down real low for sand or mud running, they can take a beating off road (great sidewall strength), excellent in snow; just an all-around great tire design. I have run this tire pattern for 30+ years.

James

100 Posts
I have used Dick Cepek Fun Country II Radials as well. They do well when I am running my Toyota at high speeds. They have served me well during this winter storm in Pennsylvania. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Related Content You Might Like: