• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How do you turn off the "check engine" light in a

aglewando

Does anyone know how to turn off the "check engine" light in a 2006? My truck is regularly serviced by a private garage and they don't know the procedure. Thank you.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
RE: How do you turn off the "check engine" light i

Time to find a new garage! If you have a 2006 you should be able to swing by any dealership and they can turn it off for you.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This is an old thread, I hope this got resolved. 90% of the time the "check engine light" is caused by a gas cap not being put on tight enough.

bebtunes

100 Posts
a gas cap not being tight enough is sounding like something might needing to be adjusted. i would suggest taking it to a dealership for sure to check on it

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
With the new US emmission laws, that's the #1 cause of the check-engine lite. Either the gas cap was not put on properly or there is a broken seal when it is put on. Get a new gas cap and see if that helps. I think it can take up to 3 or 4 cycles of running the engine to clear out.

Engine Cycle: Cold start ----> Warmed up ----> Driving -----> Shut off and let cool down.

GearHead

100 Posts
It can be turned off by anyone with a reader, I believe. Definitely time to find a new shop. Strange that the gas cap being loose results in the light coming on.

Related Content You Might Like: