• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How do you protect your tailgate from being stolen on a Toyota pickup?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
How do you protect your tailgate from being stolen on a Toyota pickup?

My friend had his tailgate stolen at night from his driveway.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I put a tack weld on the tailgate bolts, if you ever want to take the tailgate off you need to grind or chisel off the weld.
In over 30 years of owning trucks I've never found a need to take the tailgate off any of my trucks other than for repairs.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I put a tack weld on the tailgate bolts, if you ever want to take the tailgate off you need to grind or chisel off the weld.
In over 30 years of owning trucks I've never found a need to take the tailgate off any of my trucks other than for repairs.
Awesome, thanks! I cannot believe he even had this tailgate stolen. I've heard of stealing cars, but not tailgates.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Stealing tailgates is big buisness on any truck. On my 2011 Chevy Silverado my insurance company gave me a 15% policy discount just because I put a tailgate lock on, tailgates are the number 1 theft item in Texas.

supernovax3

100 Posts
Wow I had no idea tailgate theft was even a thing! I guess it doesn't happen much in my neighborhood but I'll get a lock on just in case.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
What? it very weird tailgate theft was rude thing to happen in your own driveway...This my first time to hear this. :mad:

Related Content You Might Like: