• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How did You Get Started Working on Your Toyota Truck?

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
I got started working on cars with my *gasp* 1997 Ford Tempo. It was a "gift" from my parents. If it could go wrong on the car, it did. I learned how to replace the starter, the battery, wiring systems, fenders and doors (they fell off) and i got pretty good at pushing it. Learned a lot, including not to buy a Ford again. :)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I got started working on cars with my *gasp* 1997 Ford Tempo. It was a "gift" from my parents. If it could go wrong on the car, it did. I learned how to replace the starter, the battery, wiring systems, fenders and doors (they fell off) and i got pretty good at pushing it. Learned a lot, including not to buy a Ford again. :)
Ford Tempo. I'm sorry!

I had a 1973 Ford Mustang as my first car. That was a lot of fun, but I wrecked it as a dumb kid. I then had to get a couple of other Fords, before branching out into Toyotas and other vehicles later in life. Toyota Celica's were popular to mod out. Then the early Toyota trucks, seemed like I always had a few friends with them and they just kept running, but we tweaked them anyhow.

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I've always liked working on stuff, I like adding aftermarket stuff as well as doing my own maintenance. Had an old jeep cj7 in high school that me and my dad would work on, wish I still had it!

WorkingTruck

I have a farm to keep running. This means every time a vehicle breaks down, be it the truck or the tractoer, I have to fix it. It's cheaper than trying to call someone else to fix the vehicles. I learned how to fix the trucks with my father and i am teaching my sons how to work on their trucks.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
I wrecked my wife's 5.0 Mustang being stupid. I bought her the Tundra with the intention of someday taking it back and turning it into a prerunner. The day finally came in 07 when I bought her a car. It's been a long transformation that will never be complete:p

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I wrecked my wife's 5.0 Mustang being stupid. I bought her the Tundra with the intention of someday taking it back and turning it into a prerunner. The day finally came in 07 when I bought her a car. It's been a long transformation that will never be complete:p
Hope you're ok! nothing worse then wrecking someone else's car!

Julin

I have just bought used tundra but i think i should change the interior as well does any one can help out...

millionaireman

well the first work that I did with my Toyota truck was repairing the underchassis. Although a mechanic friend of mine helped me with the repairs I really had fun learning a few basic underchassis repair techniques. I also asked my friend to teach me how to replace the engine oil, spark plugs and the brake pads and sooner or later it was a routine job for me.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
adding a leveling kit to my tacoma was the first thing i started with and it just went from there to what you see in my signature pic

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I got started with Toyota after buying a basket case FJ40 while stationed in the Phillipines in 1982, I was (and still am) a Jeep owner but I couldnt any rebuildable Jeeps so the next best thing was an FJ.
Prior to my next few transfers overseas I bought new Toyota's to take with me since they were one of the few vehicles I could easily find parts for.

tacklenet

off original thread but I am brand new here

Off the topic but I have my first Toyota (Tundra) and want to find the best place for rookie questions....such as fog lights (should have included them when I bought the truck but liked everything else and best header options AND is this one of many Tundra fan sites or is there others to check out?

MD_Weems

100 Posts
My dad had my little sister and I working on cars when I was about 10 and she was 6. We knew how to do all the little things quickly because he insisted that he didn't want us broken down somewhere without a plan or getting taken advantage of at a repair shop. It's paid off a LOT in my life and we are already planning to do the same with our boys and our daughter.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Ford is also one respected Truck company. Their trucks are durable. I think, we just have to admit that the truck you mentioned is already a 1997 model. Not to mention, the way it was maintained.

gladden

I'm always fascinated by guys with cars.. who always have the pretty girls. Man, I should get a car.. And here I am now.. driving.. but still, minus the pretty girls.. Ugghhh!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I started to work on my truck by changing tire when I got flat on the roads. Then after many year I also do cleaning the carbon on the muffler...;) but its a tough work

suncomb1

I started building my first car, 1940 Ford coupe, 312 T Bird motor w/2 -fours and a 1957 Ford station wagon rear, when I was 11 years old and drove it in high school. I have always owned street rods and customs. I bought my first Toyota 4x4 truck in 1979 and my last in 1983 which I still have. I have had so much fun and great memories with my Toyota truck that I would never sell it (the wife will have responsibility after I pass on). I have great cars to drive, 1932 Ford all steel 3-Window Coupe by Coddington and 1950 Mercury Coupe by Barris but I still love to drive my Toyota truck.

Attachments

Dan O

Started working (FIXING) on my cars,and trucks when I was in High school,.Had to cause I didn't have the money to pay somebody else to do it,and besides thats what I enjoyed

Related Content You Might Like: