• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

how can we enhance our mileage of truck

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
what kind a toyota do you have a cold air intake will help a lot bigger, exshaut system, throttle body spacer, headers

TrailLeadr

One of the cheapest ways to enhance your mileage is to make sure your tires are properly inflated, and remove any extra unnecessary cargo.

For instance if you go off road on occasion keep your ropes, pulleys, come-along's etc, in a rubber or plastic tote that you can take out of the truck when it's not needed. Rather than buying an in bed tool box which will add to the weight.
If you plow, take off all your running gear and hook up in the off seasons.
Remember for every 100lbs you remove from your vehicle can add an additional 1 to 2% to your average mpg.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Keep your heavy foot off the gas pedal lol that's the cheapest way lol just just joking all the replies will increase fuel milage

Julin

Well if at all you want to increase the mileage of a truck then you can use tonneau cover by using this you can increase 10 to 20 % immediately.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
Toyota is mandated by the Federal government to run a pretty rich a/f ratio to reduce combustion temps, which will tend to reduce NOX. If you can take control of you ecm and run closer to stoich you'd not only get better economy, you'd make more power.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Well if at all you want to increase the mileage of a truck then you can use tonneau cover by using this you can increase 10 to 20 % immediately.
Doesn't work neither does driving with the tail gate down either. If it did the would come from the factory with a cove on the bed. Sorry its just a proven that the trucks get better gas mileage with just the stock bed on it. If you don't believe me do a search for mythbusters they have number to prove it and why

my first mod on my 95 4Runner is gonna be a cold air intake, I have an Air Raid system on my Blazer, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should try in the 4Runner?

Related Content You Might Like: