• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello From Sacramento!

Sactodave

Greetings Toyota Truck Club!
I got a rare email from an Odyssey forum which I sold three years ago when we got the '04 Sequoia. SR5 2WD. So, I unsubscribed and did a search for a Sequoia club.
I'm an old hand at forums, having started in 2000 with fountain pens. Forums are a close second to YouTube for fantastic shared knowledge.
I've owned a lot of vehicles in my 40 years of driving. My first truck was a used '82 Bronco XLT. Four years later I bought my one and only new vehicle a '90 Toyota 4wd extra cab pick up, V6. It was pretty, but the fuel injection made it gutless when climbing highways into the nearby Sierras.
We found the Sequoia with ~80K miles and in great shape. Well, a couple minor issues, intermittent brake system warning light, tranny has a small hesitation, the lumbar support switch housing is broken and stands open a bit. But overall, happy to have a great quality vehicle that handles the truck stuff better than the Odyssey.
IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_4602.JPG

Thank you to all involved for the informative resource community!
Sincerely,

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome aboard Sactodave.
Your in my old stomping grounds from my childhood to mid 20's, North Highlands 1970/1979, Georgetown 1979/1981, then stationed down the road in Alameda 1982/1991. Best part of Sacratamato was ocean beachs 2 hrs away, Sierra Nevada 2 hrs away, central valley or northern .ca. Lakes 2 hrs away. Spent most of my summers as a teen either at Granite bay or top end of Negro bar on the rainbow bridge. Still remember the k street and bird walk cage cruises as some of the best ever in the USA.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Greetings Toyota Truck Club!
I got a rare email from an Odyssey forum which I sold three years ago when we got the '04 Sequoia. SR5 2WD. So, I unsubscribed and did a search for a Sequoia club.
I'm an old hand at forums, having started in 2000 with fountain pens. Forums are a close second to YouTube for fantastic shared knowledge.
I've owned a lot of vehicles in my 40 years of driving. My first truck was a used '82 Bronco XLT. Four years later I bought my one and only new vehicle a '90 Toyota 4wd extra cab pick up, V6. It was pretty, but the fuel injection made it gutless when climbing highways into the nearby Sierras.
We found the Sequoia with ~80K miles and in great shape. Well, a couple minor issues, intermittent brake system warning light, tranny has a small hesitation, the lumbar support switch housing is broken and stands open a bit. But overall, happy to have a great quality vehicle that handles the truck stuff better than the Odyssey.
View attachment 5585
View attachment 5586

Thank you to all involved for the informative resource community!
Sincerely,
Welcome to the site, looks like you got a ton of experience going just about everything under the sun.

Sactodave

Welcome aboard Sactodave.
Your in my old stomping grounds from my childhood to mid 20's, North Highlands 1970/1979, Georgetown 1979/1981, then stationed down the road in Alameda 1982/1991. Best part of Sacratamato was ocean beachs 2 hrs away, Sierra Nevada 2 hrs away, central valley or northern .ca. Lakes 2 hrs away. Spent most of my summers as a teen either at Granite bay or top end of Negro bar on the rainbow bridge. Still remember the k street and bird walk cage cruises as some of the best ever in the USA.
We overlapped a bit, tbplus10. I lived off hwy 50 and 65th expressway for the school semester of 71/72. Moved to the area for work in '85 and have been here for the most part since. Been to all the areas you mentioned. Almost bought a house in N.Highlands in'88. Saw lots of $2 movies at Birdcage walk. My cruising days were in Visalia, '78-80. They had "no U turn" (anti-cruising) signs posted on Sunrise when I bought a house in Citrus Heights in '96. Now living over by El Camino High, where our twins are wrapping up their sophomore year.

Thank you all for the welcome!

Related Content You Might Like: