• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Goodyear Tracker 2 Tire Problems????

Lon Ross

Hi, keeping it short, I bought T100 with like new Goodyear Tracker 2 tires. They had been balanced within weeks of my buying the truck (I have the receipt) At 60+ I get a bad shimmy? I have bought new Monroe Gas Magnums that I will in stall soon to try to help control the shaking, but want to know if anyone here know those tires are junk. I have read some post that some Goodyear's have blown out and killed 15 people and injured many more and a class action law suit has been placed. Don't know if these tires are dangerous too. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Lon

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Never heard of that with those tires before. What type of shimmey or shake aRe you experiencing?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Most of the time a shimmy at a given speed, is a tire balance issue. I have issues with my 97 Chevy Silverado with this all the time, and have had issues with my 4 Runner also. Just because the tires have n=been balanced, doesn't mean there are truly balanced. The problem is there are some many different tire rims these days, and getting them to fit the balance machine properly is a task. If the tire tech is not careful and doesn't under stand, or just doesn't care, you will get a false reading. The tires are not correctly balanced, and this can give a shimmy at a given speed.

Lon Ross

It rolls fine in town and is ok and smooth on the highway till I hit 60+. I only drove it for about a half hour to get it home, it did smooth out some as I drove. I called the guy that balanced them and he said they all took a lot of weight and believes they have some flat spots as the truck had sat for months before I bought it. I am hoping they will smooth out over time. I work at a Toyota dealer, I broke the tibia in my leg at work so I have been off a couple months healing. I am sure they will get rid of me when I go back, but I get 60% off service while I still employed, so hope to do a rebalance then and see what happens, thanks

Related Content You Might Like: