• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

gas mileage with the FJ Cruiser?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
What is the gas mileage like with the FJ Cruiser? Is it pretty decent?

I keep thinking about getting one, but am kind of concerned that it could eat a lot of gas money.

FourWD

In all reality the gas mileage is nothing special. I think it's around 20 MPGs or so tops.

However, my buddy was telling me that there are rumors that the new releases 2014+ may incorporate a diesel engine option. That would honestly be pretty sweet. The torque would be absolutely fantastic for offroading, and the fuel mileage would increase drastically. Take that with a grain of salt though, it's only a rumor.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
A diesel option would be pretty cool to bring to north america. I do worry a little bit about getting up in the colder climates with diesel though. Does anyone have any experience with a newer diesel fuel warmer? I know diesel will tend to gel when it gets cold.

supernovax3

100 Posts
The MPG is pretty good for it's class, but compared to other vehicles, I'd say it's meh. 20mpg highway and as low as 15 in the city. I guess that's alright but I personally want more.

Yoda2

Diesel is hardly an issue in colder climates anymore. They add anti-geling to diesel in the winter, and it works pretty darn well. It also helps to lubricate your engine in the process.

Diesels also come with glow plugs that make sure pistons/cylinders will be warm enough to combust the fuel when it's cold.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
In all reality the gas mileage is nothing special. I think it's around 20 MPGs or so tops.

However, my buddy was telling me that there are rumors that the new releases 2014+ may incorporate a diesel engine option. That would honestly be pretty sweet. The torque would be absolutely fantastic for offroading, and the fuel mileage would increase drastically. Take that with a grain of salt though, it's only a rumor.
Thanks for the info about the possible diesel engine with the 2014 release. That would be sweet! If it 20MPGs that really isn't enough for my to flip for, but if they incorporate that diesel engine- than I am game for that.

Stuart

Depending on the model and whether you drive on the highway or in the city, it can vary from 16-20.

Related Content You Might Like: