• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

FJ copying the hummer?

bebtunes

100 Posts
Is the FJ like a wanna be copycat of it or is it trying to make it better so that it can be used instead of the hummer? Im curious to know.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think the Hummer is destined to the graveyard. No one ended up buying that brand so GM will let it die.

With $4 per gallon gasoline again, probably a good thing.

bebtunes

100 Posts
not only that, but i think its gets like maybe 8 to 12 miles a gallon too right? so that might kill you even more

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I actually love the hummers. We have an '08 H3 that actually doesn't get bad gas mileage at all with the 5cyl engine in it. I love driving it, it handles well, drives beautifully, although there are two major blind spots in it that I don't like that much. It's roomy and hauls a lot of crap....

I don't think, however, that Toyota is trying to create a copycat of it with the FJ Cruiser. It just looks too different. The FJ has a completely different look and feel inside and out from the Hummer. I think that they were just trying to break out with something new and unique for their SUV line up.

GearHead

100 Posts
Hummers are too wide for me. The FJ isn't exactly my style either, but the fuel economy, smaller size and lower retail price make it a better choice I think.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The Hummer just proved to be too much. Too big, too heavy, too wide, too tall, too low MPG. Simple as that.

The FJ Cruiser need to boost it's MPG in my opinion. Real off-roaders don't need that much HP all the time, tune it down or at least have an ECO/SPORT toggle to help give most of the drivers better fuel economy when they don't need the extra power.

antonino

100 Posts
I don't think, it would be a total copy cat at all. Maybe, FJ can have the Hummer concept, but for sure, it will have its own distinct character that is TOYOTA!

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Yeah, the Hummer concept is just really a box on wheels with big tires. Come to think of it, that's what the new Nissan juxe is and other similar vehicles that are not 4wd or designed for offroad, same basic shape, lol

antonino

100 Posts
You must have a good money guzzler job and before you buy a gas guzzler hummer. If FJ is copying hummer's design, hopefully, they won't copy it's voracious, gas greedy engine.

danstpierre

100 Posts
I don't think, it would be a total copy cat at all. Maybe, FJ can have the Hummer concept, but for sure, it will have its own distinct character that is TOYOTA!
What's next? The FJ copying an M1A1 Abrams Tank? Minus the machine gun of course. LOL!:cool:

supernovax3

100 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the FJ Cruiser, that's exactly what I thought. I saw it as just a Hummer knockoff. Obviously, they are incredibly different and I do think that the FJ will outlast the Hummer. I don't see the Hummer being popular much longer. It's just too gas inefficient.

Stuart

I don't think they are trying to copy Hummer. If you look at the old FJ 40, you'll see that the new one clearly is just a modern version of that. I do agree with it looking a bit like a Hummer, though. But again, I don't think it was meant that way.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the FJ Cruiser, that's exactly what I thought. I saw it as just a Hummer knockoff. Obviously, they are incredibly different and I do think that the FJ will outlast the Hummer. I don't see the Hummer being popular much longer. It's just too gas inefficient.
I envy you man you have seen already FJ Cruiser, cuz about me I did not yet seen personally FJ Cruiser, thats why i am unable to compare it with hammer.

Related Content You Might Like: