• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Entune App making my phone run hot

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Good morning folks!

Hope everyone is well.

Hmm, well, it appears that there's an issue with the latest update to the Entune app on my Android phone. All this started about a week ago. I couldn't figure out why my battery was suddenly draining like crazy, and my phone running extremely hot. I finally had a peek at what was eating the battery. Lo and behold, it's Entune.

Entune.png
That 32% battery drain is after I did a fresh reboot. Notice that my Bluetooth is switched off, and Entune continues to run in the background (it never did that before). Even a Force Close isn't making it shut down. I did report this to the developer. I spend a little over an hour commuting each day, so I do rely on Entune for access to my online cloud music and the occasional hands-free call, so I'm not keen on uninstalling it until this issue is resolved. Hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

FYI: I am running Kit Kat 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ive got the same phone as yours, I dont use Entune though, it just uses Blue Tooth in my Chevy for the phone and music.
Never had a huge battery drain like your seeing though.
I did recently switch to the Samsung as my Droid4 was having battery issues and started to swell.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
There are several issues like this that a lot of the manufacturers don't take into account when they do an update. Like facebook having mobile devices auto-play videos when you're scrolling through fb ... that's killing people's data plans and ticking off millions of people.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Yep, Entune continues its odd behavior. Now it won't auto launch when I switch on my Bluetooth, and when I do launch it, it keeps making me log in. All this used to work seamlessly, and behind the scenes. Very frustrating.

Toyota Dev's: you really need to roll back this latest update.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
No way to roll back huh? I'll bet there are a lot of people ticked if you are as well. What is the version upgrade that you got?

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
LOL! Mainly my daughter who is ticked.

"Mom? I can't get iHeartRadio to work!"

Version: 1.12.311.4

Related Content You Might Like: