• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do you any of you guys have a week rear suspension for your toyota tacoma?

LairdBrother

Do you any of you guys have a weak rear suspension for your toyota tacoma?

Has anyone found a fix for this? I thought I read somewhere that Toyota came out with a fix for this but I cant find it anywhere.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Sorry, couldn't help but notice the typo. A weak suspension, out a week suspension? :)

LairdBrother

haha thanks for pointing that out. I fixed my typo, thats what I get for trying to post from my phone using swipe.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My 99 has All-Pro rear springs, but it's a highly modified truck with very few factory suspension parts left on it.
Theres a couple aftermarket vendors selling replacement springs but the problem with most of them is they make the truck ride stiffer, thats why the factory springs have issues.
Toyota had to make a compromise between strength and ride quality.
Always avoid springs that are labled as "Progressive rate springs" which is what is used on almost all TRD model trucks. Progressive rate springs offer a great ride for normal bumps and road conditions, then when the going gets rough and your bouncing the springs harder they get stiffer, but the problem is their subject to more metal fatigue and wear due to the metal make-up and annealing process, so the end result is after a few years they dont have the spring they once did, the metal looses it's memory and the truck suspension starts to sag.
Non-Progressive springs will make for a stiffer ride but result in a longer lasting more durable spring able to take heavier loads.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
My rear suspension fells pretty solid at current. I have a fairly new truck though-only a few years old and I haven't taken it off road much yet.

GregH

I had for awhile but then got it fixed. It's doing much better now. How's everyone else's suspension working after getting it fixed?

Lester

Thankfully I haven't had any suspension problems. I am blessed with a good mechanic if I ever do have these issues though.

tarheel

Theres a couple aftermarket vendors selling replacement springs but the problem with most of them is they make the truck ride stiffer, thats why the factory springs have issues.
I dont' have anything specific to recommend, but I have found generally that if after changing the springs, the truck seems to ride "stiff", that is a bad sign for the life of you new suspension. When it feels like this, it tends to signal the suspension will wear out early.

Related Content You Might Like: