• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Conversation Mirror Install

spensane

Hello All...I saw awhile back that 2nd Gen Sequoias have a conversation mirror in the overhead console. Has any one tried to swap one for the business card holder in a 2nd Gen Tundra? I have never had a use for the business card holder but i would really like the mirror with having two kids in the back.

Thanks in advance for the info.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Huh, i would imaging that they are on the same pivots, aren't they? You have a photo of the option when installed? You're taking factory oem right?

spensane

Yes on the Sequoia it is OEM. The lsat time I was in a Sequoia it looked like it would be a simply swap of either the door or the whole over-head console. I am looking for a pic.

spensane

Here is a pic of the over-head console from a 2010 Sequoia. It looks just like the one in my Tundra.
Sequoia-overhead.jpg

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I think they did such a good job designing these (and all manufacturers do this - Sequoia or Tundra, Chrysler Town & Country or the Sierra minivan or Honda Odyssey...) to be swapped out so they only use one framework and the pieces just swap out depending on what they're building - but that's on a PLATFORM to PLATFORM basis, and it might not carry over from the Trucks to the SUVs (although it might!).

There are some exceptions like the flip-down DVD players that you see in the latest Sienna for example, but otherwise you should just be able to call up your local Toyota Dealer and get them to check the part number. If it's the same part number for the Sequoia and also for the Tundra ... then it's a direct swap.

Other than that, you'll just have to find one that you can look at (car lot, or a wrecking yard) and get the dimensions. Just note that a boneyard will sell you the whole thing, not just the console door.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
This is an interesting topic, I've thought that more options like this should be available ... and cross-platform would make sense.

let us know what you find out about this, i'd love to know.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Apologize if it is my first time to here about Conversation Mirror, haha the first thing that came to my mind when I read the title of the thread is you can make conversation with the mirror.. so ignorance ;)

Related Content You Might Like: