• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Clunking or Rattle when turning left only......

montyspythons

I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia Sr5 with an issue, it clunks/rattles when turning left, it gets worse the shaper the turn is. Any idea of what it would be? It has 162,000 on it. I just had the frame replaced (recall), and the power steering rack replaced.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
A few items come to mind.
Check the front swaybar mounts and end links.
If its 4wd check the cv shafts on both sides.
Look at the ball joints and springs.
Put the front of the truck on jackstands and have an assistant carefully turn the wheels while you observe clearances and parts movements.

montyspythons

A few items come to mind.
Check the front swaybar mounts and end links.
If its 4wd check the cv shafts on both sides.
Look at the ball joints and springs.
Put the front of the truck on jackstands and have an assistant carefully turn the wheels while you observe clearances and parts movements.
Thanks for the input, I scheduled an appointment tomorrow at my local dealer, it will be interesting to see what the problem is, and hopefully it's easy on the wallet. Ha.

montyspythons

UPDATE. It was an easy fix, apparently one of my brake shields ( what the service guy said ) was bent and it was hitting my rotor when turning left, they fixed it for 51 dollars......Thank god it was nothing serious.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Good to hear it was an easy fix, any idea what bent the shield?

2006 limited bbs

Just had to replace rack and pinion bushings because of this symptom. Less than 200 dollars total cost on my 220K 2001 Sequoi .

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wonder how it got bent?

Seriously, that's a pretty protected area. Bad part? Damage from wreck? I wouldn't think that a bad curb hit could cause this, nor would something like a warped rotor from overheating, but who knows?

Related Content You Might Like: