• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Chassis Rumble Or Looseness

I have a 1991 Toyota regular bed, rear wheel drive, 4 cylinder automatic with 44,000 mile that sat under a shed for 3-4 years. I took it to a very reputable wheel and suspension shop here in west palm beach. They assured me that the front end is in good shape although they an alignment. I replaced all the shocks. When I go over small bumps, like reflectors on the road or mildly bumpy roads, I get clunking. I judge things that are wrong by saying, "they wouldn't sell this truck new with these sounds," They seem to come from the front and rear end. I know that bushings dry rot and that mine probably are, it being a 1991. Are there some that would tend to give me this rumble more than others? Where is a good place to get them? Thanks.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
There should be no clunking,,,did not come from the factory like that. Bring it back to the shop and tell them....Im guessing they missed something,,,Only takes minutes to take a look on the hoist and have a tech pry on every moveable part of suspension and if nothing there he will start looking at driveline

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Where do you hear the clunking sound? Is it the same Windows down vs. Windows up?

Related Content You Might Like: