• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Brake upgrade for 2008 Squoia Platinum 4x2

gooz87

Hello everyone,

I'm new here to the forum. I would like to get some input from Sequoia owners on brake upgrades for my Sequoia. I want to have better brakes installed on my vehicle but I am unsure of what to look for.

1. What are some performance brakes that I can research? I have been told that drilled AND slotted are the best investment for the money.

2. Is it worth it to go that route?

3. I do not tow anything. I might end up towing whitewater kayaks but that is nothing as far as loads are concerned.

4. I don't do any off-roading.

Lastly, I just want better stopping power for my truck. Please advise.......

Thanks!

Semper Fi

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
When you say towing kayaks ... on a Trailer I assume or do you mean on the roof or something else?

You do a lot of Highway miles?

gooz87

thanks for the reply.

i end up with a trailer sometimes which isn't that heavy at all, maybe 1000 lbs. at most and other times i end up with them on the roof.

i go back and forth a good bit between SC and VA. that's about the longest trip i do frequently. mountain driving is something else i need to consider in looking for these brakes.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. I spent a lot of time early in life in the mountains in the Pacific Northwest and while it's really pretty up there the mountains, hills, and the inclimate weather meant that good brakes were necessary to check often.

Are you still on stock brakes all the way around?

gooz87

yep, still stock all the way around.

i am itching to do the upgrade. plus, i would feel a lot safer riding my little one around in the Sequoia with better brakes.

question is, is it worth it and which ones do i go with?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I like sites like this because I can see a lot of different products at the same time and quickly compare and contrast.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Ugh. I hit return to quickly.

http://www.buybrakes.com/csearch.as...ortBy=0&PageSize=9&AndOr=AND&DisplayMode=Grid

For my money I have gravitated towards brakes that are designed for the heaviest load on the steepest terrain that im likely to see in a given year. I call it the weakest link concept. I'm not planning to tow 15000 lbs or go down pikes peak. But I am looking for an ultra light trailer and have plans for Colorado planed fire next year.

Related Content You Might Like: