• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Job You Ever Had

James

100 Posts
What is the best job that you have ever had?

I worked in Brazil for a year after college as an English teacher. It did not pay a lot, but was an amazing job. I lived in Salvador and would love to go back.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
U.S. Navy CrewChief, I was able to visit almost every country on the planet, some of them more than once.
Got to take long sea cruises, even though it wasnt a vacation, theres nothing like waking up and seeing the new dawn hundreds of miles from any land, same with the stars at night, nothing compares to it.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
How did you like the rough seas?

I hope you were not in one of the ships that ran into a coral reef. I heard that a U.S. Navy ship ran into a coral reef in the Philippines. The Philippine government was not too happy!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The wost seas I ever suffered were a Nor'Easter on my first cruise up near Halifax, sea state 7 (1-10 scale) with negative temps, carriers rock & roll a lot in that weather. In seas like that only on duty watch standers move about the ship, everyone else ties themselves in their racks.
Never hit a reef, or another ship thankfully.
In the eighties and early ninties we had lots of close calls with Russian ships and aircraft, they would intentionall come close to get reactions (Called a Crazy Ivan) this way they could check our emergency proceedures. Fun times, made cruises exciting and time passed faster.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Building websites is the best job I've ever had. The best job I was good at was doing logistics and operations ... but nothing quite like building a website and watching traffic come to it.

Related Content You Might Like: